• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush setting - size control with pen tilt not working

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue several other locations, but no real solution. Is this a known problem that people live with?

Under brush shape dynamics, size control using pen tilt does not seem to work. Instead, it seems to use pen pressure to change the brush size. I have checked that the "always use pressure for size" buttons on the toolbar are turned off.

I know that photoshop is getting the "data" from my pen - the pen cursor prior to making contact is elongating into an ellipse when I tilt the pen. However, once a line is actually made, size seems to be controlled by pen pressure.

Note: Pen tilt  works as expected when I use it for "angle control". When I tilt the pen, the brush shape will rotate along with the tilt - so I know that the pen is working and photoshop is receiving the tilt data.

Untitled.png

A little more information:

Photoshop version: Photoshop CC 2019

Pen: Dell Premium Active Pen PN579x

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 7390

Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made sure you have current driver? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, thanks for the response. 

Good suggestion - I missed updating the pen driver!

It seems to have changed photoshop's behavior, but still acting a little weird. Here is an updated screenshot of what I am getting:

Untitled2.png

I don't know how apparent it is from the screenshot, but after updating the driver, it seems that tilting the pen does increase the size of the brush, but the brush size is still tied to pen pressure.

Note that when size control is set to "off", both pen pressure and pen tilt stops affecting the brush size.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines