Photoshop Brush Tool only makes large straight lines

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all - had anyone had issues with Photoshop tools - specifically brushes - behaving as if stuck in SHIFT mode? When I choose the tool and left click on the image to begin painting on a mask, etc the "paint" goes across the image in a wide line instead of remaining constrained to the area that I am painting in. It behaves like I'm trying to paint a straight line by holding shift, but I'm NOT. I've spent 3 days on the line with Adobe, uninstalled and reinstalled CC and all apps and still no fix. This only happens in PS - everything behaves normal in LRC and other apps. It's incredibly frustrating because there's no work around... the program is useless like this. Have any of you had this issue or heard of it, and have a possible fix? I'm using Windows 10 on the HP Spectre x360.  I have attached a video clip of what is happening. Thank you for any recommendations!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?