• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop brushes and workspace setting are gone

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest PS update all my brushes and workspace have reset. I've never had this happen before. I'm using a Mac with the latest OS. I've been chatting with support for three hours and no one seems to know whats up. Ant ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever save the Presets? 

If not then they are probably gone (save for back-ups if you have any back-up-system set up). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never saved them outside the program in all the years I've been using PS why now would it overwirite or delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update should not have removed them (depending on your choices for installation, though) but you should have saved your customized Presets at least once in all the years you’ve been using Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did was update 2020 and I didn't do anything different. 2019 still has my presets but when I try to copy those presets into 2020 nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, then there should not be any unsolvable problem … 

Which Presets are you talking about exactly? 

In CC 2019 have you tried exporting via Edit > Preset > Export/Import Presets? 

If that doesn’t work, try saving your Presets and copying them in the user-Preferences to the corresponding CC 2020-Folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Windows. Updated to latest and all my custom brush presets are gone. And yes I saved them in the presets folder.

Adobe - I've had so many issues with your bugs over the past 30 years (yes that long) that I'm getting really annoyed. DO YOU NOT TEST YOUR UPDATES?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

When upgrading did you remove the old version? Then the presets may indeed be gone unless you made back-ups. 

Otherwise you can still export the presets from the old version or copy the files to the new presets-Folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines