Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop bug. can't move layer.

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psd 21.2.4

Trying to move a layer using the move tool.

I click on the layer, as soon as I move, it switches to a different layer, and moves that.

I've been using psd for a while, so this isn't a beginner's mistake.

Another problem just occurred.  I just went back to the file.  Suddenly, for no reason, it filled my

entire screen.  I had to quit out.  That could be some gadget I haven't used & am ignorant of how

to get it back to normal, but am in a crunch, and don't have time to hunt around.

What is most annoying is how slick and commercial this application has become.

I m constantly assaulted by advertising schlock, when I only want to work in the program.

I never wanted to upgrade to this garbage.  I was forced because the old psd couldn't work

under the new mac upgrade.  Lesson learned.  never upgrade anything if you are comfortable

with your present workflowl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Yea, it sounds like you have auto select turned on for the move tool. Uncheck it. It's on the left in the options bar, under the main menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I've been using psd for a while, so this isn't a beginner's mistake.«

And what are the Move Tool’s settings (like »Auto-select«)? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are right,  it is the move tools setting.

I'll be happy to post stuff when I'm off this tight deadline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. So I am replying on the hope that when you can post with captures, I can find how to change those settings.Thanks for the advice.

Rocio

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I look everywhere, preferences and I could not find it, until I finally did. Having the MOVE tool selected. You can see it on the top left as mentioned. Now I have disselected and I hope that will solve the issue.

Rocio_Lopez-Bretzlaff_0-1613425464898.png

Thanks for the lead!

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Suddenly, for no reason, it filled my entire screen.«

Again: Please post screenshots. 

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it sounds like you have auto select turned on for the move tool. Uncheck it. It's on the left in the options bar, under the main menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what »it filled my entire screen« is about, though; might be Full Screen Mode or a GPU issue or …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks greatly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines