Photoshop Bugs are unacceptable!

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I can't....stand it. Please explain to me, how...the PAID VERSION of this software, is getting buggier with each new update? I encounter BUG AFTER BUG. I used to pay for a subsctiption 1 year+ ago for a few months, I stopped because of BUGS. Now I decided to try again, same thing, different bugs. I just lost 20 minutes of work and I'm after deadlines. WHY? I'm drawing and I wanted to change my color, I changed it and my canvas suddenly started teleporting. I press space, move it where it should be, it teleports again. Suddelny...20+ lines of my brush are drawn on the canvas without me doing anything. The canvas is still teleporting. I press escape, the program freezes. I try going through different opened tabs, it's showing the same tab...boom it crashed and my progress is lost. I open the software, last 20 minutes are gone. Should I be..........manually saving every 2 min, full of anxiety...that this, or many other bugs could happen at any moment and lose my work?!?!?!
And I'm also...paying for Fresco on this account, because the membership plans are super bad and I can't choose what I ACTUALLY NEED to pay for...so I need to pay for T W O different plans...to get what I actually need. This alone...........is BS, but with ALL THOSE BUGS...I can't justify paying for this, I can't. 
Especyally when older versions...WORK BETTER. What am I actually payind for?! Those two plans cost........30$ a month. That's....12x30=360$ a year......for a buggy software that is regularly crashing, has bugs and is wasting my time. It wasted 20 min of my work + 20 now for writing this...........

So, when people are not paying 3000$ for a license, but a "small" monthly fee, you are "returning" the favour by caring LESS and LESS about the software? YOU are being lazy and ingorant, cuz...I pay 10$ and I get what I paid for maybe??? Small money, small care right? Or should I google every bug and try fixing it?? Is this MY PROBLEM? Is that included in your premium 21$ Photoshop Plan?????? 
The frustration.......is real. And I'll use this language and tone to talk to you, because I'm giving you the same respect you're giving me, while asking for 21$ a month or 240$ a year, for buggy and broken software. Is this why you offered me 3 months for free when I wanted to cancel my membership a year ago?? Oh yeah, I forgot...performance is worse too. And NO, it's not my PC, because it's more than enough. 

F this.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Bugs are unacceptable!

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

I can't....stand it. Please explain to me, how...the PAID VERSION of this software, is getting buggier with each new update? I encounter BUG AFTER BUG. I used to pay for a subsctiption 1 year+ ago for a few months, I stopped because of BUGS. Now I decided to try again, same thing, different bugs. I just lost 20 minutes of work and I'm after deadlines. WHY? I'm drawing and I wanted to change my color, I changed it and my canvas suddenly started teleporting. I press space, move it where it should be, it teleports again. Suddelny...20+ lines of my brush are drawn on the canvas without me doing anything. The canvas is still teleporting. I press escape, the program freezes. I try going through different opened tabs, it's showing the same tab...boom it crashed and my progress is lost. I open the software, last 20 minutes are gone. Should I be..........manually saving every 2 min, full of anxiety...that this, or many other bugs could happen at any moment and lose my work?!?!?!
And I'm also...paying for Fresco on this account, because the membership plans are super bad and I can't choose what I ACTUALLY NEED to pay for...so I need to pay for T W O different plans...to get what I actually need. This alone...........is BS, but with ALL THOSE BUGS...I can't justify paying for this, I can't. 
Especyally when older versions...WORK BETTER. What am I actually payind for?! Those two plans cost........30$ a month. That's....12x30=360$ a year......for a buggy software that is regularly crashing, has bugs and is wasting my time. It wasted 20 min of my work + 20 now for writing this...........

So, when people are not paying 3000$ for a license, but a "small" monthly fee, you are "returning" the favour by caring LESS and LESS about the software? YOU are being lazy and ingorant, cuz...I pay 10$ and I get what I paid for maybe??? Small money, small care right? Or should I google every bug and try fixing it?? Is this MY PROBLEM? Is that included in your premium 21$ Photoshop Plan?????? 
The frustration.......is real. And I'll use this language and tone to talk to you, because I'm giving you the same respect you're giving me, while asking for 21$ a month or 240$ a year, for buggy and broken software. Is this why you offered me 3 months for free when I wanted to cancel my membership a year ago?? Oh yeah, I forgot...performance is worse too. And NO, it's not my PC, because it's more than enough. 

F this.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 22, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, this is a user forum answered by volunteer users. We do not work for  Adobe.

I don't know what version of Photoshop you are using and on what system you are using it. I also have no idea what you mean by the canvas "teleporting".

If you give a full description of the issue and go to Photoshop's, Help >System info press copy and paste the info here then we may be able to advise steps to overcome your issues.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 2
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of ranting but not much in the way of facts.  Call me Capt. obvious but have you contacted technical support to help you resolve whatever issues you're having? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

From experience as a longtime product user, I admit Adobe products often have bugs that eventually get fixed in a future update.  But that's never prevented me from getting my work done.  I can always revert to a previous version if necessary.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People treat you like garbage on here for being frustrated but you're 100% right. I get the exact same bug you're referring to and I know now of at least three others who do as well, all immediately upon "upgrading" to PS2020 from PS2019. Bug reports have been made on this and also the broken selection tools but nothing comes of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen anyone being treated like garbage for raising issues here. Frustration is acceptable, personal insults as used by the OP are not.

If you suffer the 'exact same bug' then perhaps you can explain it so that we can attempt to help you work around it while it gets resolved.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGAIN.........it happened again. Lost 30 min. of work. 
Okay so...

While drawing, I rotate the canvas using R. Suddenly...I can't bring it back to normal position with Shift + R. I move it where I wante, rotate it how I want...the moment I lift my fingers from the shortcut, it rotates by itself and moves around like I'm paning it. Pressing Esc fixes it, but after that PS becomes increasingly unresponsive for the next 10-20 seconds until it crashes. I'm trying to save, I can see it saving...but it does NOT. I move between different opened tabs, it's showing the SAME image, even tho I can see the layers changing. Suddenly I see PS like there is not tab open, all grey...and if I continue to interact with it, it crashes...ot I have to manully close and reopen and when I do...there is no recovered file and the save never happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That is useful. A couple of things - Shift +R does not reset  canvas rotation here.  R then Esc does that.

I've not been able to bring on any random rotation or slow down here, whether switching tabs or not. My system is Windows 10 v1909  , 64GB RAM, over 1TB free scratch disk space, NVidia GTX1080 with current studio driver 442.92

Can you give some system details, the easiest way is to go to Photoshop Help >System Info press copy and paste here.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"AGAIN.........it happened again. Lost  ... work. " 

And you will lose work in the future if you are bitten by a Photoshop bug.  Work carefully so you do not loose too much. Save you often and if the work is very important and tine consuming save versions of you work progress. Do not put all your work is a single file that can be broken.  Adobe has a management problem they haves not put into place a good software development process.  Code is not tested well to many bugs are released, Adobe does not fix all reported bugs, Some Photoshop features are not implemented well and have issues in code or design.  So all version of Photoshop have bugs.  The Bugs that Adobe does not fix can bite you.  The are usually in areas in Photoshop not often user by users.  So if you happen to to tread on a path that has a bug you will be bitten.  You need to be able to work around Adobe bugs.  The are always more than one way to do something in Photoshop. Use a different path. Also have more than one working version of  Photoshop installed.  You  never know what Adobe next update will do. You need to realize there will be new bugs. That you can count on.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should upload your gpu drivers and in settings ram you should dedicate lot of your system's Ram to Adobe software.

With photoshop no problem but with premiere i've got same issue with incredible slow processing. I'll upload all the drivers (Nvidia studio drivers for the 1060 6GB), empty cache and semms to work 

Paolo Barbuto Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We invariably find that those who rant on this forum and claim that Photoshop has lots of bugs discover that, with the some of the knowlegable and rational help from members on this (friendly) forum, that the issue is not Photoshop's, but either a hardware issue, or the way Photoshop is being used, or that the issue can easily be resolved by resetting Photoshop's preferences. 

That doesn't mean Photoshop doesnt have any bugs – no appication is without them – but there's a protocol about establishing and reporting them, which it's best to follow. Remember, this is a user-to-user support forum, staffed mainly by voluteers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 2