Highlighted

Photoshop cannot open this file

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message when attempting to open a camera raw photo in photoshop. 

I then go to photoshop - help > updates, and attempt to update and at 99%, get an error after that which states: updated failed; updates could not be applied the error log file may help you in identifying the problem. then, try updating again. if the problems persist, contact customer support for further assistance.

photoshop info: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.6 (13.0.6 20131025.r.54 2013/10/25:21:00:00) x64 Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6 

i tried clearing raw cache, and attempted using a different compter with same exact license, and same issue. I have clients waiting on their photos to be edited..

I recently upgraded my camera to a SONY A7RII, and need to get this error resolved. 

thank you 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop cannot open this file

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error message when attempting to open a camera raw photo in photoshop. 

I then go to photoshop - help > updates, and attempt to update and at 99%, get an error after that which states: updated failed; updates could not be applied the error log file may help you in identifying the problem. then, try updating again. if the problems persist, contact customer support for further assistance.

photoshop info: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.6 (13.0.6 20131025.r.54 2013/10/25:21:00:00) x64 Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6 

i tried clearing raw cache, and attempted using a different compter with same exact license, and same issue. I have clients waiting on their photos to be edited..

I recently upgraded my camera to a SONY A7RII, and need to get this error resolved. 

thank you 

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Photoshop CS6, which was released in 2012 and kept on life support until 2015. All CS6 updates ended five years ago.

But actually you're very lucky: The Sony a7rii requires minimum ACR version 9.1.1 - which just happens to be the very last ACR version that will run under PS CS6.

If you ever get a camera that is newer than that, like the a7riii or iv, you'll either have to update Photoshop, or use the DNG converter on the camera files.

It sounds from your description that you're trying to install a newer ACR version than 9.1.1. That won't work. They won't install in CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't help. I need help downloaded raw plugin 9.1.1 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, CS6 support has ended long ago. There is no official ACR 9.1.1 download.

You can try this. It's an old thread, but maybe the links still work:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/camera-raw-9-1-1-installable/td-p/10487510?page=1 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the links don't work anymore. I am frustrated. I just don't understand how there's no workaround so i can just do the update that my photoshop is attempting to download. i tried multiple different networks to see if that was the issue, it was not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to download raw plugin 9.1.1, and getting all of these errors...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0