• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop canvas freeze

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've been having this issue where the canvas freezes in place and I can no longer interact with it, but Photoshop as a whole continues running. I can still change tools and save my file just fine and if close and reopen the file it works normally for aa bit, but will freeze again every 5 minutes or so. Adjusting the settings and preferences in Photoshop has had zero impact on this and I am running the most up to date version of the program.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another thread about this already. Several people (including me) encountered that issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2020-21-2-2-soft-crashing-viewport-on-windows-10/...

A little workaround is to create a new window for that file and close the stuck one. Not perfect but faster than having to restart Photohop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have freeze problems when panning with spacebar and wacom tablet. Creating a new window for the file I'm working on is not an option for me, since I'm working with files opened from Lightroom. I'll just have to save the freezed window, close and open it again. Then I'll have to make sure to not use the spacebar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ... it should not matter if you come from Lightroom. Just go to Window->Arrange->New Window for ...

But maybe you have a workflow that I don't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right this works

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines