• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop canvas freezes randomly when opening files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so strange. I've tried disabling GPU Performance, changing storage locations. But randomly when I'm on a file and open an additional PSD file, the entire canvas of the new file will freeze. I can zoom in, I can pan, but my canvas screen does not update at all. I can save just fine, but I can no longer open any other file, be it PSD or JPG. It freezes everytime. No rulers enabled. I have to restart Photoshop. It reappears in 5-10 minutes every time.

I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 on an MBP 16".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the canvas in Photoshop freezes randomly after you open a PSD or JPG file.\

Which version of Photoshop are you using what is your operating system?

Does that happen when you open only PSD's or JPEG files? 

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I'm using the newest version of Illustrator.

I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 on an MBP 16".

It happens when I open any window. Even smart objects. All files after it freezes. And this is with default settings, although I went ahead and restored preferences on Photoshop. 

It still seems to appear after around 30 minutes.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update. Could you please enable the "Legacy Compositing" in Photoshop preferences, restart Photoshop, and check if that helps.

Also, you can update Photoshop to 21.2.2 version via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines