Highlighted

Photoshop canvas Won't rotate because of openGL

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to rotate the canvas in photoshop I get the "Could not complete your request because it only works with openGL enabled document windows", I have a NVIDIA GTX 1080, windows 7, and the latest version of photoshop. What do I do to solve this problem? also the "use OpenCL" option in the performance is greyed out.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try doing a clean install with the Studio drive, if that doesn't help the only option you have at the moment is to revert back to 21.1.3

2020-08-28 14_57_08-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop canvas Won't rotate because of openGL

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to rotate the canvas in photoshop I get the "Could not complete your request because it only works with openGL enabled document windows", I have a NVIDIA GTX 1080, windows 7, and the latest version of photoshop. What do I do to solve this problem? also the "use OpenCL" option in the performance is greyed out.

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try doing a clean install with the Studio drive, if that doesn't help the only option you have at the moment is to revert back to 21.1.3

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are major issues with Photoshop version 21.2.2 not detecting some old and not so old GPU's, have you tried updating your GPU driver from the Nvidia website, when installing click the advanced options and custom install and perform a clean install, also check out this, especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have the latest GPU driver which I updated from their program, GeForce Experience. But it still doesn't detect the graphics processor in the performance tab.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find and SD version for my video card, but I installed 21.1.3 and everything works Great!!

thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're up and running again, it's a shame that you have to revert to a previous version considering your GPU is only 4 years old.

You can get the Studio driver from the same page as you download the Game Ready

2020-08-28 16_21_43-Download Drivers _ NVIDIA.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0