Highlighted

photoshop causing windows to crash

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop froze last night and the computer crashed. I updated photoshop and I updated the graphics processor. The computer works fine on everything except photoshop. I backed up to 2 older versions to the same problem. Lightroom works fine. Even if I creat a blank page, the freeze/crash happens. I have an HP Spectre 360 15in. It comes with  a NVIDIA MX 150 graphics card and the Intel UHD Graphics 620 in the processor. I can disable the Intel graphics and photoshop works but, the quality and functionality of the display is drastically reduced. Pplease give me some guidance on this, I don't think I am alone with this issue.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop causing windows to crash

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop froze last night and the computer crashed. I updated photoshop and I updated the graphics processor. The computer works fine on everything except photoshop. I backed up to 2 older versions to the same problem. Lightroom works fine. Even if I creat a blank page, the freeze/crash happens. I have an HP Spectre 360 15in. It comes with  a NVIDIA MX 150 graphics card and the Intel UHD Graphics 620 in the processor. I can disable the Intel graphics and photoshop works but, the quality and functionality of the display is drastically reduced. Pplease give me some guidance on this, I don't think I am alone with this issue.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual graphics is a well known problem. These days, the GPU is used for actual data processing, and it goes back and forth continuously. It's not a one-way flow like it used to be. So Photoshop needs to communicate with one GPU only.

You need to disable the Intel and keep the Nvidia running.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I disable the intel graphics, I seem to loose some functionallity of the computer and things seem to be running a lot slower with more buffering.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You mentioned that you "updated the graphics processor" did you also update the Intel driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

Also take a look here especially section 7

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1