Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop causing wireless peripherals to stutter

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System specs:

Monitors: 2560 x 1440p (Primary).  3440 x 1440p (Secondary).

GPU: RTX 3080

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT

RAM: 32GB

The files specs I typically work with are: 2560 x 1440 & <100MB.

The issue is whenever I'm using Photoshop with wireless speakers a wireless mouse and a second monitor connected both the speakers and mouse keep on cutting-out/lagging for a couple of seconds at a time. However if the second monitor is turned off then the issue disappears completely. OR if the mouse's wire is attached and I plug in wired headphones with the secondary monitor connected, the issue is gone. I've only had this issue with Photoshop, nothing else seems to cause this which is why I'm finding this extremely bizarre. 

Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

I've found a solution. No option to download any older versions past 20.0 so I contacted the live chat support and asked for a download link to CC 2019. Booted it up - no issues whatsoever. Problem solved. I don't think I'll be updating anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Photoshop is a mammoth of a program and uses a lot of energy (RAM). How much of the 32 gigs of RAM do you have allocated to PS? How empty is your hard disk?

It sounds more like your system cannot handle the program's need for ram and/or disk space to work and your peripherals at the same time. Here are the Photoshop System Requirement specs: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Take a look and see if your system is meeting the requirements for the version of Photoshop you are running.

Let us know how it goes?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've allocated 20GB of RAM and have 900GB of free space on my hard disk. I've checked Photoshop under resource manager and the amount of RAM and disk space it uses is quite minimal. My system definitely surpasses the recommended requirements so I can't see why I'm having this issues. The weird thing is whenever my second monitor is connected, these problems arrise, if it's off everything's absolutely fine. My specs are definitely capable of running both monitors at the same time under heavy load without any issues at all. Really don't know what else I can try 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It actually sounds like you've solved the problem. If everything works until you plug your second monitor in, then I would point the finger in that direction. Have you checked with the monitor manufacturer to see if there is a possible conflict or hardware patch/upgrade available?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was just reading another post that made me think of your problem...is your second monitor a G-Sync?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not, primary one is but yeah the secondary one is a FressSync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thread I'm following that one of the contributors said that that monitor was creating issues. Here is the link to the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/2021-slow-and-laggy-p-o-s/m-p/11934127#M526252

I am not sure if it will take you to the post or just the thread, but it is the very latest post by Ashburz.

Let me know if this makes a difference?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found a solution. No option to download any older versions past 20.0 so I contacted the live chat support and asked for a download link to CC 2019. Booted it up - no issues whatsoever. Problem solved. I don't think I'll be updating anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines