• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 20.0.0 crashes during file save

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10-22-2018:  Working on a psd file I began before installing the update to version 20.0.0.  After updating PS CC to 20.0.0 the software crashes every time during SAVE or SAVE-AS.  Reopening PS shows the recovered file, but continues to crash when saving.  I'm stuck.

Also, the "Crash Report" that appears after each crash says the address I'm entering is invalid when trying to send the report -- which is baloney.  So I can't even send a crash report.  Very frustrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Some things to try to get your document back:

1.  Find the auto-saved version and copy it somewhere else.  It'll likely be in a folder called PSAutoRecover at the root of one of your disks, or possibly under your user profile area, and it will have the name _yourfilenameABUNCHOFHEXDIGITS.psb.

2.  Change the Save in Background setting in the Edit > Preferences > File Handling panel.

Good luck.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the details in the crash reports? You had to enter an Address! What address do you enter?

What kind of Crash report an Adobe Crash report a Mini dump crash report or your OS  crash report??

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some things to try to get your document back:

1.  Find the auto-saved version and copy it somewhere else.  It'll likely be in a folder called PSAutoRecover at the root of one of your disks, or possibly under your user profile area, and it will have the name _yourfilenameABUNCHOFHEXDIGITS.psb.

2.  Change the Save in Background setting in the Edit > Preferences > File Handling panel.

Good luck.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines