• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 20.0.0 How to disable stuff at top of start workspace?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally admitted defeat, gave up on CS6, and subscribed to CC. I am using the new Photoshop release 20.0.0, and I am experiencing the new home screen/start workspace for the first time. I love the "Recent" list. However, my screen looks different from the one in the Adobe page describing the Start Workspace:

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 4.37.24 PM.jpg

Is there a way to disable the "Welcome back/Get a feel/Find out what's new" stuff at the top of the screen? I know I can turn off the entire start workspace, but i do want to keep the recent file list, which I find very useful.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

There is already a "File > Open Recent" item in the main menu, so there's no reason to keep the start screen just for that. In addition, you can set the number of recent files to list, in PS Preferences.

Personally I find the start screen is just in the way, and the very first thing I do is disable it. I think most experienced users do that, it seems made for beginners.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Francesco+Della+Peruta  wrote

Can you use the work mode only?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/start-open-recent-files-workspace.html

In 20.0.0 the Work and Learn buttons do not appear at the top of the window. Take a look at my screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try to use the "legacy new document dialog" workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Francesco+Della+Peruta  wrote

You can also try to use the "legacy new document dialog" workspace

The Legacy New Document Dialog changes the appearance of the dialog used to create new PS documents, but does not change the Start Workspace screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a "File > Open Recent" item in the main menu, so there's no reason to keep the start screen just for that. In addition, you can set the number of recent files to list, in PS Preferences.

Personally I find the start screen is just in the way, and the very first thing I do is disable it. I think most experienced users do that, it seems made for beginners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check following video for new features of Photoshop...thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lambiloon  wrote

Hi check following video for new features of Photoshop...thanks.

Nice video, but it didn't answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you Dave.

I've tried everything as well. The start image is hugely annoying for us who work professionally with Photoshop on a daily basis and open and close 20-30 documents a day. The start image is probably useful for beginners, but quite the oposite for all the others!

I'm considering throwing out the Photoshop 2019 and replacing with the previous version.

Please Adobe - think again and do not just add more, but better features!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ericp48697863  wrote

I'm considering throwing out the Photoshop 2019 and replacing with the previous version.

That would be silly. Go to Preferences/General and check "Disable the Home Screen". You can also go back to the old File/New dialog if you want.

I am personally willing to put up with a lot of junk from Adobe to get the new Content Aware Fill in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! You got it 🙂

Thanks a lot Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You rock...thanks for this tip. Changed my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines