• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2014 and 2015 Lagging

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Photoshop CC 2014 and 2015 lag as hell on my computer.  Im pretty sure it has the specs to handle them with ease. Photoshop CC was running smooth like silk. I don't know what might be causing this problem.

By lag I mean the dropdown menus are pretty much impossible to navigate and when I drag my canvas around pretty weird things start happening.

Any ideas how can I fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop CC 2015 64 bit lag click (also dropdown menus lag) after click File > New for create a new document but will be ok when wait for a moment. My photoshop cc does not have this problem.

My computer is

Cpu: i5-4440 3.10 Ghz

VGA: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 oc / 2GB ddr5

Ram: 16 GB

Windows 7 Sp1 Home Premuim 64 bit

Can Adobe fix this problem?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a small amount of mouse lag for a few seconds just after CC15 launches. I've updated my graphics drivers and its made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated... besides I get heavy lag after click File > New for create a new document,  I also get the similar lag after open first .psd file (next .psd file not lag). But both lag take time for a moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange, it should works quite well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i posted yesterday but the Moderators decided not to post my post.

Photoshop CC 2015 uses dnssd.dll, which is Bonjour's DNS module.

this module conflicts with large HOSTS file.

- similar to enabling DNS Service with large HOSTS files.

Symptoms: extreme lag, constant CPU throttling.

Google "Photoshop CC 2015 conflicts with HOSTS files".

REMEDY: disable the HOSTS file by renaming to HOSTS.bak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain how to fix it step by step?
and if disable HOST files, Will it affect to anything?

updated report

20150619... today is better than yesterday sometime I did not get the lag for this case

- after click File > New for create a new document

- after open first .psd file

strange?

20150620... I got lag between testing with some psd file while click on top menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is strange ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with CC 2015 & Windows 7 64-bit.

After launching Photoshop and just hovering my mouse above the tools icons or the top dropdown menu, Photoshop just freezes and reacts with a huge (5-10 seconds) lag to any action that I do. After about a minute it starts working as it should - altought I think it still takes more time when switching between two documents than it did in CS6 where it was instant.

I have tried resetting my preferences, disabling HW acceleration, checked that I have the latest drivers for my video card but none of this helped.

It doesn't matter whether I use only mouse or Wacom tablet, happends on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I get the freeze on startup too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015 uses dnssd.dll, which is Bonjour's DNS client.

this file conflicts with large/long HOSTS files.

if you're experiencing extreme lag, like i did:

- navigate to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

- rename HOSTS to HOSTS.BAK

if that helps.. than it's due to the HOSTS file.

you'll have to trim down the HOSTS file or switch back to CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried renaming "hosts" to "hosts.bak" but that made no difference. Still heavy lag few seconds after Photoshop launches.

Few months ago, I had CC 2014 installed on my machine for few days and I remember it lagged as well - but it also had the infamous brush lag. This lead me to uninstalling CC and sticking with CS6. With CC 2015 announced, I hoped these bugs would be fixed, but so far it seems they only fixed the brush lag for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you were experiencing the lag in CC 2014..  then it's definitely not the HOSTS file.

- more than likely due to an external device, such as Pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my pc computer, I try to re-install windows 7 64 bit and clean install adobe cc 2015 software but not install third party antivirus software, everything is better but photoshop 2015 still little lag on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unsubscribe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the love of Talos and the nine divines (Skyrim game reference), the hosts file has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROBLEM!

Stop with this nonsense!

My hosts file is as Windows default and the problem still happens in PSCC 2015 AND 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too get heavy lag for a few seconds after opening Photoshop CC (newest version) every time. Like clockwork.

I have an i7-4790 quad core 3.6 GHz

32 GB RAM

Windows 8

So... yeah. I shouldn't be lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix this issue solve various ways. Just (Press Ctrl + I)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're PS is using too many resources, and you need to dial the settings back a bit.

First:

Go to Preferences>Performace

Only let PS use about 30-40% of your Available RAM

Set Cache levels to 2-3, don't go over 200 History States.

Next:

While in Performance, go to Advanced Settings

Select Drawing Mode>Basic

(REALLY HELPS!)

This third step is optional:

While in Preferences panel go to 3D.

By default the VRAM usage is at 100%. 

Pull it down to 50%

Restart PS.

If you have 8 Gigs of RAM and a decent NVIDIA or equal, PS should now work A LOT better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your tips made no difference.

I've reduced the amount of RAM, the history states to 1, disabled Hardware Acceleration, reduced 3D VRAM usage and nothing, NOTHING makes a damn difference.

By the way, why would there be a 32bit version of Photoshop if only 8GB of RAM would handle it smoothly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

The best I can do to make the lag go away is to have all the data and stuff that Photoshop uses go to my external hard drive..This has made my brush lag go away (for now)

Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem I guess. After launching PS CC 2015.5 not only the app behave like an old lady but it bugs my computer completely.

I can smoothly zoom in/out, select and move layers, draw....anything which has something to do with creating. BUT hovering mouse over any tools and dropdown menus is a nightmare! It takes between 1-5 sec before you see anything happening.

I tried to open General preferences, play around with RAM, Chache levels, History steps, Scratch disks....no effect.

BUT I found out that when I click on some check box in settings (eg. General>Show messages) it seems that it reacts immediately but the effect is visible after 1-5 seconds. So I thought that my GFX card is damaged. But it works just fine (played some games, tried other SW, checked drivers etc.).

And I am not done yet. After launching PS my whole computer starts messing with me the exact same way like photoshop - navigation in folders using arrows not visible, dropdown menus not working, opening windows notification panel not working etc. etc.

Everything starts afte launching PS. Oh and also important to say...after Windows big Aniversary update.

PC specs:

HP Elitebook 8570w (updated version of BIOS)

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.160715-1616)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16316MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K1000M

Hope Adobe will fix this issue soon. It is making my life really difficult because I use this expesive SW everyday for my work. And I bet I am not the only one!

Best wishes,

Aneta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's been over 2 months but if you're still having problems there is a super simple fix, your GPU being quite slow is limiting you in Photoshop as by default Photoshop uses your GPU I have an r9 290x and I get crazy lag when using GPU despite it being a high end card and being that you have an i7 processor you definitely want to utilize that.

It's super simple just click edit go down to preferences, performance and deselect Use Graphics Processor.

I had the same problems but I did not mess around with ram history steps etc... as I knew my PC is more than capable of running this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

everlastingfrenchfries wrote:

I know it's been over 2 months but if you're still having problems there is a super simple fix, your GPU being quite slow is limiting you in Photoshop as by default Photoshop uses your GPU I have an r9 290x and I get crazy lag when using GPU despite it being a high end card and being that you have an i7 processor you definitely want to utilize that.

It's super simple just click edit go down to preferences, performance and deselect Use Graphics Processor.

I had the same problems but I did not mess around with ram history steps etc... as I knew my PC is more than capable of running this.

The first thing you should be doing is to reset your preferences file and then reset your tools panel.

To reset your preferences file, there are many ways to do but the easiest way I have found is to launch your PS and then go to:

Edit  >> Preferences

Then look for something like this:

2016-10-19_05-45-38.png

To reset the tools, Create a blank file and then select the Move tool.  Then at the top, right-click on the Tool icon and select reset all tools.  See this picture:

2016-10-19_05-49-18.png

Now close the Photoshop and restart it knowing that all your preferences and all your tools are back to default.  Now if you have any problems then you know it is something else and nothing to do with settings.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines