Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use my wacom on new photoshop no pressure, no touch, very laggy..

In last realase photoshop are jagged and inacurate but i have pressure and bugged touch.

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\.

To turn off the gestalt's functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it doesn't contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:

# Use Win8 native tablet support

UseSystemStylus 1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!!! This works for WINDOWS 10 with CC 2015. Turned off "Use Windows Ink" in Wacom Mapping and followed the steps.

PS: I contacted Adobe ( useless... told me to log in and out of CC... seriously?), Wacom, Microsoft to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not own Wacom. Instead I use the Monoprice brand due to cost, but had the same problem with pen pressure being lost since CS6. I stumbled upon this post and tried adding the text file method and it definitely fixed it for me. So thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only CC 2014, CC 2015 too is incompatible with a lot tablets, not only Wacom.

I tested Wacom and Pentagram - no pen pressure in both Photoshops.

I tried in other graphic apps:

Corel Photo-Paint - not work.

Corel Painter - work.

Manga Studio EX - work.

Changing options in tablet drivers - not work.

My system is Windows 7 x64

Why Corel Painter and Manga Studio EX work with my tablets?

The explanation is simple - these applications offer choice to users, so they are compatible with any tablet.

Example below:

222.jpg

333.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have shown is that your tablet driver software is not working correctly, and thus not communicating pressure information correctly to all applications.

Check with your tablet maker for updated drivers..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask you something. Wacom tablet running latest drivers, windows 10 and latest photoshop CC 2015 vesrion.

Should Windows Ink be enabled (along with Microsoft's API) or should Photoshop still be forced to use Wintab API (with Windows Ink disabled)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking as someone who is attempting to return to Photoshop after not using it for a while, I'm surprised Adobe would allow problems like this in to their software. It was extremely frustrating to find Photoshop so incredibly problematic.

The answer regarding the PSUserConfig.txt file works great, but there's no way for a user to know that without searching for threads like this one online.

Presumably, Photoshop undergoes at least a modicum of testing before being sent out the door. The problems described in this forum would have presented themselves pretty quickly. Maybe it's a Wacom issue, maybe not. But the fact that Adobe was unwilling to attempt to find a solution speaks volumes about their lack of commitment to quality. I hope they do better in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasted a few days searching the network for solve the problem of incompatibility CC15 with some tablets.

Wacom's borrowed from my friend, and my Pentagram did not work, despite various attempts.

The other graphics programs (mentioned four posts above) do not have any problems, so I began to use when I will drawing.

I have not used them before, but drawing are seamlessly - with one click you can adjust them to any tablet.

Too bad, I know Photoshop for years, and these programs are new to me, but - they working - and this is most important for me.

I'm not going to buy special / exceptional tablets only for Photoshop. This is not the only one graphics application in the world.

Or maybe next version will be compatybile with tablets? Not only with few of them?

I have that hope. I really will back to working with Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, it worked for a few hours, then when I had the text file saved, I would be stuck on the eraser tool. (I am on windows 10, I have PS CC 2015, use a Monoprice 19", and my pressure sensitivity works in all other programs. Yes, I installed new drivers and re - installed Photoshop.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines