Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015.5 disappearing text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with the update recently installed

When I type in my text using the text tool the text shows up fine. As soon as I go back to the move tool the text disappears.

If I go back to the text tool it and highlight it it will show up again  but only while using the text tool.

This is a purchased font that I have used in previous versions of Photoshop with out issue.

What is happening ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Try uncheck "faux bold" if checked on "character pannel"... For me, this option made some bugs on my jobs...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are assuming that the Text color is not as the background color .

it could be White color on the a white Background

make sure to zoom at 100%  ( ctrl + 1 )

Check the anti-alias in the option bar is set to Sharp

Reset the character Panel to its default,

if that was not the case,

Could you submit a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround . . .

In the text panel, i.e. Character/Paragraph, click on the small box of horizontal lines at top-right. Now click on 'Reset Character'.

Your font will revert to a system font, but panic ye not . . . . just hit undo until you bring back your original font settings . . . ctrl/alt/z on a PC.

You should now be able to edit your text without it disappearing. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Thanks for this suggestion. I tried it and although the undo did not bring back the original settings I was able to go in and recreate the text as it was and it did not disappear upon editing. I had decided to do the text in InDesign for the project I was working on so I could get it done quickly but this will be helpful to know in the future. I have noticed that it does not do this every time I use type in Photoshop.

Thank You,

Cathy

Moderator: I took out your personal data, this is a public forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same thing happen. I've reached out to Adobe support and after 2 hours on the phone they claimed it was an issue with my Mac. I just left Apple and after 2 hours with them it is 100% an Adobe issue with the new update. I really hope they release an update/patch for this issue ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2016 Jul 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a PC so we can rule out the platform as the problem.  I'm able to use the workaround described by @travelimages above but yeah, it's irritating and needs fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same, infuriating issue. When editing, moving or adjusting the fonts size with free transform; it either disappears completely or goes "glitchy" (selected lines and characters disappearing). Even when saved or saving "for web" the type is still missing. I found the suggestion of "Reset Paragraph" did work to a degree, but warning this looses any customisation you may have added, and if you need to move the text again it's likely to have the same issue again. Please adobe, sort this out, it's causing major headaches and wasting time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uncheck "faux bold" if checked on "character pannel"... For me, this option made some bugs on my jobs...

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU FOUND IT!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one!

This option have a bug when font have big size. Please Adobe, fix this!

Sou CEO da ZeroArts. E atuo como Publicitário / Designer Gráfico -> diegotillmann.com.br/links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy and check the response as "useful" and mark your topic as answered to help Adobe find it and fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  This has been a HUGE pain ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is actually the opposite. I'd try to Faux Bold the text but when I do, the text would disappear!! Need help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faux bold have some bugs, as I mentioned in the above comment. The bug is exactly disappear text from the view.

For fix this, uncheck faux bold and try work again. As an option, chose a font type with a bold option.

I hope to have helped you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unchecking faux bold did it for me.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on the phone with an adobe tech for an hour as he navigated around the disappearing text issue.

Hi beat around the bush saying that the issue has been resolved - just have to start a new document and everything should be fine as the text was still disappearing in front of him - sigh.

This blows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It was faux bold that caused the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines