Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 crashes constantly, usually on launch. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (up to date)

Recently upgraded Photoshop CC 2014 to 2015 - on first launch, new document: CRASH. Sometimes crashed on launch.

Updated Photoshop just now - now crashes on launch almost all the time, otherwise randomly crashes with no apparent reason..

Not using any plugins, just have some basic workspaces and saved actions from CC 2014.

Have tried disabling GPU in Preferences.

Any suggestions? This is unacceptable. I have never had this type of problem with an Adobe product in 20 years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Please Go to the following location  C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS  

Rename the file "librarylookupfile" and try again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here....photoshop CC 2015 will simply not load...crashes before I can even import a picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone

I have the Windows 7 SP1 64-bit version and:

1. cleared the settings,

2. made multiple log-ins and log-outs of CC

3. reinstalled 4 times the Photoshop also with the option of the clear install without settings

4. my drivers are the most recent ones

5. nothing new except CC 2015 has been recently installed

6. I did all the Windows Updates

Nom de l’application défaillante Photoshop.exe, version : 16.0.0.88, horodatage : 0x55681d39

Nom du module défaillant : Photoshop.exe, version : 16.0.0.88, horodatage : 0x55681d39

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000385514d

ID du processus défaillant : 0x2590

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0a9f1362c638f

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

ID de rapport : 77cc1906-15e4-11e5-80b6-14dae955edcf

there is already a discussion here:

Photoshop cc 2015 crashes on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues as well with Photoshop CC 2015, it keeps crashing when I'm trying to close a file. Is there a upgrade on the way to work out the bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Photoshop 2015. It opens fine, but when I try to close a document, it immediately crashes. Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This helped me. Go to: Edit > Preferences > Performance > unset 'Use Graphics Processor'

That shoud do the trick. If PS launches recovery file at startup, you have to save it first.

Mari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good. The only problem I had was getting PS to stay open long enough to make the change.

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above reply was in response to Marypop's suggestion :

Hi

This helped me. Go to: Edit > Preferences > Performance > unset 'Use Graphics Processor'

That shoud do the trick. If PS launches recovery file at startup, you have to save it first.

Mari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how many people overall are having issues...BUT, I am staying way clear of ps cc2015.....my living relies on a stable PS, if I can't meet a deadline, I'm finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This applies to the new Operating systems that come out, but the best advice I have ever gotten:

"Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so  breaks their applications.  They test, they research.  THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so."  -- Noel Carboni

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@marypop: Exact same problem....This worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried unchecking the box as you stated and the change the name of the library file "fix"and mine still won't work. Program opens. I also disabled the few extensions that I have too. I can drag a photo into the window, but it won't open a photo. Once the photo is in the window,  I can't do any operation on it, it just crashes. Everything was working until I did the automatic update. I have Windows 7 pro  64 bit and CC2015. Just paid for the renewal and I am not a happy person. I can't edit anything and I have no idea what to do now! Errrrr.

How do I get my old version back? My previous purchased programs were for a 32 bit XP Pro machine that was dying when replaced a year ago. Everything was working on this machine until Adobe seems to have messed it up. Any other suggestions? Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  can install a previous version as shown here. If you are going to install on XP, only CS6 will work.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.34.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked, but didn't see any previous versions. However, I did delete the library file mentioned in previous suggested posts and it still wasn't working. I shut down completely for the night in frustration. The next morning I logged in using another a new user (for the computer). Got it going and opened Photoshop and it worked. Then I logged off and came back on as my own user. That worked too. Whether removing the library file so it could rebuild and the reboot did the trick, or going to another user, I don't know. But it seems to work for now. Software releases that come down and automatically install and mess up the computer  or a specific software are not a good thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yah that worked thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked! PS 2020 on an old laptop running Win 7 64 with only Intel graphics. Once the graphic thing was turned off, PS works far better than I expected it to, opening and editing recent Nikon raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you post the crash here, it will be helpful.

If you want to know how can you find the crash report refer to the screen shot below

Windows 7:

1. Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
  2. Select Event Viewer

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Photoshop 2015 this morning and ever since then unable to use it properly as it keeps crashing as per the other comments.

Not doing anything in perticular, just moving an object and it crashes

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000003ab8f10

Faulting process id: 0x1ffc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0accda2e377f6

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 498d8aea-18c1-11e5-9777-415645000030

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Windows 8.1 (x64) with all patches applied. Crashes on the original credit screen before app open, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times getting rid of all preferences.

From Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000385514d

Faulting process id: 0xb24

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ad088004cb6a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: c36214fa-18fb-11e5-8276-d8cb8a32ff54

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Massive frustration, I hope there is a fix or work around out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine keeps crashing too.  Here's the event info:  HELP!!!!!!Capture Photoshop Events 1.JPG

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-25T20:27:43.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>194723</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>JennyGenzale-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>16.0.0.88</Data>

<Data>55681d39</Data>

<Data>Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>16.0.0.88</Data>

<Data>55681d39</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000000005fcbc70</Data>

<Data>1b48</Data>

<Data>01d0af84b3a7e07b</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>a1bc88c4-1b78-11e5-9c1f-00269e49698b</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went in an unchecked the "Use Graphics Processor" and it didn't crash as before. Maybe it's a temporary fix, but at least I can edit my photos now. ( sans graphics processor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Go to the following location  C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS  

Rename the file "librarylookupfile" and try again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Please Go to the following location  C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS  

> Rename the file "librarylookupfile" and try again.

Thanks

This fixed my issue! Thank you! Photoshop CC 2015 now starts!

Kind Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we rename the file any name we want?  I tried this and it didn't stop the crashes.  I renamed the file to librarylookupfileV2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which file are we renaming "librarylookupfile"  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines