Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 crashes constantly, usually on launch. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (up to date)

Recently upgraded Photoshop CC 2014 to 2015 - on first launch, new document: CRASH. Sometimes crashed on launch.

Updated Photoshop just now - now crashes on launch almost all the time, otherwise randomly crashes with no apparent reason..

Not using any plugins, just have some basic workspaces and saved actions from CC 2014.

Have tried disabling GPU in Preferences.

Any suggestions? This is unacceptable. I have never had this type of problem with an Adobe product in 20 years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Please Go to the following location  C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS  

Rename the file "librarylookupfile" and try again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something that can also be fixed by upgrading away from Windows 7?  Has anyone done that as a solution? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also....I can never work without at least 1 crashmoment.

I work with Nik software, and most of the times it crashes during opening the app.

This is my latest report:

Naam van toepassing met fout: Photoshop.exe, versie: 16.0.0.88, tijdstempel: 0x55681d39

Naam van module met fout: atio6axx.dll, versie: 6.14.10.11672, tijdstempel: 0x50a6a337

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005

Foutoffset: 0x0000000000a68654

Id van proces met fout: 0x314c

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0c91ad162d969

Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll

Rapport-id: 84c91b86-350f-11e5-a19e-14dae995c865

I really hope Adobe can fix this, because working with CC 2015 is very frustrating .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

atio6axx.dll is an AMD driver dll.

So update your AMD Graphics drivers from the AMD website and if that won't work, uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop Preferences > Performance until AMD comes up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution (Rename the file "librarylookupfile" ) did not work for me.  However, under Event Viewer, Windows Logs, Applications, I clicked on Details and found the following link -

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins\Nik Software\Selective Tool\SelectivePalette.8li

I renamed the SelectivePalette.8li file and PP CC 2015 loaded fine.  I did a quick check on my individual NIK filters and they all seemed to work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines