• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2015 crashes on startup

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop and LR this morning, LR is fine but PS is crashing on startup, saying 'The last time you opened Photoshop CC, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?' I have already trawled the forums, and tried a few suggestions (deleting the temp file in the autorecover file, Signing out of creative Cloud) but now at a total loss. Running a 2013 Retina MacBook.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

I've done a little investigating myself, since Adobe isn't really coming to the party on fixing this.

So, in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS is a file called librarylookupfileCrash.jpg

This is the file that appears to be responsible for my crash at least (and looking at the dump data, everyone is having the same issue). Renaming this file (or just deleting it) resolves the issue for me.

Crash-Fixed.jpg

I'm not sure what the significance of this file is, it just appears to contain a r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 111 Replies 111
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help. It does recreate the file, and yes, the original is most definitely corrupted.

You didn't by any chance use Adobe Shape on an iPad before the issue started? (Or add any other content to the CC Library for that matter?)

http://www.vandrielmedia.com/articles/photoshop-cc-2015-crash-on-startup-fixed

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - fixed it for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support couldn't resolve this problem for me today after well over an hour of online chat with them. Then I came across this.....what a relief! Worked for me....Thank you so much! Would have though the support team should know about this as quite a few people are having this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just replying to say that vdrielc's fix also works for startup crashing errors in InDesign and Acrobat Pro (on Windows 7 x64). I was losing my mind trying all the same steps as others above, to no avail.

Thank you, vdrielc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jpgribbin, and others having this same issue with the librarylookupfile crashing PS.

If renaming the librarylookupfile has resolved your crash, would you please zip the old and new one up and email them to me to help with the investigation??

petgreen [at] adobe [dot] com

Thanks for the help!

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I updated today and am getting this:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    16.0.0.88

Application Timestamp:    55681d39

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR120.dll

Fault Module Version:    12.0.21005.1

Fault Module Timestamp:    524f83ff

Exception Code:    c000001d

Exception Offset:    0000000000096cd5

OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

Locale ID:    2057

Additional Information 1:    096a

Additional Information 2:    096a2e6fc4d77a7a966ff48506139a6c

Additional Information 3:    016d

Additional Information 4:    016dfb7218e8ce18ad1c15d79aa0a2ae

I've tried pretty much everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue, too. I was able to start up Photoshop just fine a couple months ago, but now, I get the spinning beachball about 10 seconds after the application fully loads. I have a MacBook Pro, however, not Windows. I hunted down the librarylookupfile and renamed it, but it didn't solve the issue. Also, my Creative Cloud app is hung, as well; the menubar item is blank, and the quit option in the settings menu doesn't work. Not sure if these are related, but I'm very annoyed that I can't get things to work. Please advise. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a champion vdrielc! It worked for me too. Great job and much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 confirming this works for me also. Great find!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vdriels you're great! It worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vdrielc wrote:

I've done a little investigating myself, since Adobe isn't really coming to the party on fixing this.

So, in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS is a file called librarylookupfileCrash.jpg

This is the file that appears to be responsible for my crash at least (and looking at the dump data, everyone is having the same issue). Renaming this file (or just deleting it) resolves the issue for me.

Crash-Fixed.jpg

I'm not sure what the significance of this file is, it just appears to contain a reference to Fonts that I have used. I'm also not sure if it is truly corrupt or if there is an issue with the latest version of Photoshop when loading a valid version of this file.

Either way, try renaming that and see if it works for you.

Thanks.

vdrielc, you are a God amongst men. This was driving me absolutely insane and your fix is probably THE fix. Logged in just to confirm that this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks vdrielc ,it works for me ! i had the same issue and i've renamed it in BASTARD and the program starts..

I'm going to delete it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Three days ago I reinstalled the complete Cloud with the Applications because this error. Then it works. Today the same error and I was frustated. Then I found this solution and it works. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, but I can't seen to fine the file: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS

how do i find it on my computer? running windows 7 pro 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop.exe
55681d39
Photoshop.exe
55681d39
c0000005
000000000385514d
8f0
01d0b28532ba9bac
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe
739fd808-1e78-11e5-9a5d-bc5ff41e8b31

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000385514d

Faulting process id: 0x36c0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b28472d72994

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: b27cdc62-1e77-11e5-9a5d-bc5ff41e8b31

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy this to your start menu search box and it will take you right to it.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome fix Vdrielc!!! I was pulling my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you M8 that helped alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10x! It's helps me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too on both Windows 8.1 64bit and the latest Preview of Windows 10 also 64bit.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!!! I just did this and it worked!!!!! I am once again a happy photographer!!!!! Now I can finish up editing the wedding photo's I did on June 20th!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn vdrielc, you are a Hero! Also, answer marked on this forum question appears to be mislabeled as another random post, needs to be changed to the correct fix.

Also a shame this issue is still showing up almost a full month after it appeared, but eh', least it's fixed now... even if new people will probably end up getting it, as I did yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! That fixed it right there, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines