Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit and Photoshop CC 2015 with all latest updates installed. I have an issue when i follow these steps:

If i use Export As or Quick Export and save on Desktop folder then all subfolders on Desktop open in a new window.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a small .reg file you can run to instantly fix your problem (no reboot needed) based on what Martynus posted.

It's super safe to run don't you worry, just edit it with a notepad if you want to inspect the code and make sure it won't harm your machine.

Save this on your desktop and run it every time you need it (which means every bloody time you close Photoshop, if you have used the export to panel)

FixDownloadFolder.reg - Google Drive

Hope this helps speeding things up a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice to see a lot of people helping each other! I just wanted to tell you, i'm deleting my Adobe Suscription because of this Issue and switching to another software company. Bye Premiere, Welcome Sony Vegas. Bye Photoshop, Welcome MS Paint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Editing the REG seems to work, but for how long we shall see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I just delete the entry and restart my PC or will I have to create a new one (how)?  Thanks for all the help yet, this just realy anoyed me! Why Adobe?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to get my 2 cents in here - having the same issue here.  Stupid folder keeps opening up on me all day while I am trying to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**What I'm about to say has barely been tested and should be used at your own risk**

In order to make this fix somewhat more permanent, I did the following:

In regedit navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules

Right click on "Modules" and select "Permissions"

Click "Advanced" in the bottom right

At the bottom, hit "Disable Inheritance" (not sure if this is required)

For each item in the main list, select it and click edit below the list. In this new window, make sure "Read" is the only box selected and that it applies to this key and all subkeys.

Once you've changed that for every item, hit "Ok" on both 2 remaining popups, close the registry editor, and restart your computer (simply killing explorer will not be enough in this case).

I have been using this fix for about an hour with no repercussions and it has not reverted. However, since nothing can write to this key anymore, this could be dangerous, so do this at your own risk!!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advance only, beware.

Create a .reg file and paste the following inside of it save as whatever you want.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane]

Create a .bat file and paste the following inside of it replacing the name and location of the .reg file with the one you just created and save as whatever you want.

taskkill /f /im "explorer.exe"

regedit.exe /s C:\NavPane.reg

explorer.exe

Run as admin whenever you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jmmontoro your fix works great for me thanks. Adobe; shame on you and your terrible support staff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jmmontoro, Great idea. Only one that worked for me so far, and I'm not sure why. I can't believe Adobe hasn't fixed this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please adobe fix this ... it annoys the hell out of me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the folder you are having trouble with....

Then go in to Folder Options

Select the option 'Open each folder in new window'

Also select the option 'double click to open'

This reverse setting seems to fix the issue. I haven't had the double

window popups since changing this setting.

George Tchetvertakov

Mobile: +61 (0)4211 869 04

Email: georgui@gmail.com

Skype ID: george.tchetvertakov

LinkedIn: *linkedin.com/in/tchetvertakov

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tchetvertakov>*

On 21 July 2016 at 04:05, akence@tmwsystems.com <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you do that? It may fix the Photoshop problem (not sure, haven't tried) but then every time I use windows explorer and double click on a folder, a new window opens. I don't want that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed, making day to day work a real pain with all these folders popping up! is this issue being addressed?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, this issue has still not been addressed and is incredibly time consuming and frustrating.  Please can someone at least confirm that Adobe have managed to reproduce the issue and are looking into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem, and deleting the NavPane folder from the registry didn't help at all this time. Worked with another build of win10, maybe with the newest versions something changed.

PLEASE, tell me how to fix this annoying BUG, becuase, yes, it's a BUG.

Regards,

Stefano.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have to deal with this. I tried the registry fix but it isn't permanent, it comes back every time. It doesn't only happen to the Downloads folder, but the Desktop folder (and probably others as well, depending on which folders you export to).

A few possible troubleshooting points for the folks at Adobe (if ever they're still listening to their paying customers), is that after using the new Export As function, Photoshop will attempt to open up the folder it exported to.

ScreenClip.jpg

Somehow Photoshop doesn't use the existing This PC > Downloads or D:\Downloads path but uses a separate Downloads path. This is the same path that opens up in 1 or 2 new windows whenever you click on a folder in the Downloads folder.

My guess is that Photoshop was programmed to change/use the registry to fire up the exported folder, and that causes the path to the folder to be wonky.

Please fix it guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As further experiments, I tried exporting to the Documents, Desktop folders, and now they all exhibit the same "open up additional folders" issue.

So, I'm very sure it's because of some bug in the Export As, and Quick Export As... function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Adobe reps monitor these forums? How long will this take. It's really slowing my work rate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This has been identified as a Bug in Photoshop and we are working towards a fix.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XTFbRl8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that there's a fix out for this. It's hands down one of the most frustrating aspects of using Photoshop. It's now gotten to the point where I'm considering downgrading to CS6. Please keep us posted, I don't know how a simple task of exporting a file can mess with the Windows registry so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was in April. It is now November and upon installing Photoshop and Creative Cloud for the first time ever, I find my Windows 10 folders behaving the same as everyone else!

Everything was fine until I installed Creative Cloud and Photoshop.  Now my folders won't open in the same window and often opens the folders twice! It's a nightmare! It seems that this has been a problem for months. I am updating my windows with the latest downloads to see if the problem goes away or not.

As a new customer of Adobe, I must say I am quite surprised it was acknowledged so long ago and STILL a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines