Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit and Photoshop CC 2015 with all latest updates installed. I have an issue when i follow these steps:

If i use Export As or Quick Export and save on Desktop folder then all subfolders on Desktop open in a new window.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christophervas

This issue is not Reproducible so it's not a Bug.

What do you have set in Export Preferences under File>>Export?

What it open is the Resulted File in the Subfolder(Desktop) you export it to.

Photoshop Help | Export artboards, layers, and more 

Regards

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick respond.

In the export preferences i have the default settings: "Ask where to export each time"

Yes after the Export As open the desktop folder but after that every subfolder on Desktop folder open in a new window. I tried it on a clean windows 10 and Photoshop install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retry the same after resetting Photoshop Preferences.

Click Reset Preferences on Quit in Preferences>>General

**Do backup Actions/Presets etc before resetting (if any)

Reset Preferences.PNG

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i said i tried this on a clean Windows 10 PRO 64bit  and Photoshop CC 2015 install. No extra settings, no other software installed.

Did you try this? After Export As on desktop folder open File Explorer > This PC > Desktop and click on a folder or subfolder. It will open in a new window even if the "Open each folder in the same window" is checked under Folder Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is "Reproducible" and I have been dealing with this for about two months and it is driving me crazy. This is a bug and needs to be fixed by Adobe. I pay $53.11 a month to deal with this. I am about ready to cancel my subscription and reinstall CS6 (the last version I paid for) which I have been using the past few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The solution from Martynus did the trick for me. It definitely needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is back again. I guess I have to dive through the registry again to fix this. This is annoying beyond belief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello it might be an idea to start a new thread on this one as this thread began nearly 6 months ago and since then there have been three new builds of Photoshop. Some of the solutions therefore may not be valid any longer and also fewer people look at these very old threads.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri. I've the latest version installed. Everthing is up to date. I pay for this software. Still I have to get back to this thread because it is the only source with a usefull fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running latest build and the issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I called Adobe support and complained about this. They said it is not a Photoshop problem and it is a Microsoft Windows 10 problem. I explained that everything is fine with Windows until I do an export and then this issue starts. I delete the registry key, recreate it and everything is fine. Then once I do another export it happens again. So it has to be something with Photoshop corrupting the key.

Then he looked at my hard drives and saw that I have an old drive mounted that had an installation of Windows as well as Adobe CC. He then claimed that it was because there was a registry on that old drive causing the issue and I would need to delete all the files on my old drive. Again, doesn't make sense. But he insisted that I contact Microsoft.

I spent $150 to pay for Microsoft support to look at the issue for 7 hours, time I was not able to work on my computer. After that time, they confirmed that the issue was not with Windows 10 but an issue with Photshop CC. So if you take my hourly wage at 7 hours and $150  for Microsoft, this endevour just cost me $465 for Adobe to basically tell me to "too bad" its not our problem. I can't believe I am actually paying monthly for this crap. I am about ready to search my old discs for my copy of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy, I can't believe they're trying to pass the problem off to windows. It's clearly an Adobe problem. What's more, it's already been posted on this forum that the problem has to do with something Photoshop does to the registry, and still no comment or fix from Adobe. And worse, they claim it isn't "reproducible". Tell that to everybody googling this problem on the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same bug, as are others‌ please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people are having this problem, including myself. The only way to fix it is by deleting the registry entry posted by Martynus. Is Adobe working on a fix? It's a very annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here (Win10/64 CC2015.1.2, resetting the preferences does not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash Sharma​

Just so you know, I have signed up just to tell you what an a$$ you've been by giving that answer. An user spent 450$ because of your neglicence. Yet after 8 months this hasnt been fixed yet.

Then do not be surprised if some people decide not to pay to use your services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking to me? Do you realise I don't work for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my post again you'll notice it's in reply to Akash Sharma. It's even tagged in the first line of my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem
is there any way to solve this?

when you fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this EVER be fixed?? Holy hell it drives me insane. I can fix it until the next export as a legacy save(and why was that put into a sub menu?)  Please fix this. Please. For Christmas, or Hanukkah or even just for Festivus. I don't care. There is no way this is not replicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to fix this issue myself.

When you use quick export or save as Photoshop CC does some nasty stuff with your registry, luckily you can just delete the key it changes. After I deleted the following key and restarted my computer folders were behaving normal again.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane

Delete that key and then recreate it (right click Modules and then 'new key' and name it NavPane). I hope Adobe does something about this because I don't want to mess with my registry everytime I save something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I had this same fecking issue and this has solved the problem.

**ADOBE - Please fix this annoying problem ASAP**

Before coming here I had this issue for months. I've had to reinstall Windows 10 three times but this issue keeps coming back, time and time again.

Without Photoshop installed I'm completely fine. After a number of days using Photoshop CC and exporting / save as my files, the issue eventually appears whereby every time I open a my Downloads folder (I save to Downloads) or a folder within the Downloads folder it opens up a new Explorer Window. No settings can fix this in Windows.

Worse still, most times it opens up 2 new Windows of the same folder I want to open...

After tearing my hair out for months and just putting up with it, this has finally solved the problem (until next time I export something - I hope not anyway!).

ADOBE - You need to fix this. I use Photoshop every day for work. I can't imagine how many other people are struggling and just having to deal with it not knowing its Photoshop to blame and not a Windows issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has vanished on its own accord following tonka truck Windows 10

Update....Ironing out bugs they didn't know existed. Thumbs up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines