Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Windows 10 64bit and Photoshop CC 2015 with all latest updates installed. I have an issue when i follow these steps:

If i use Export As or Quick Export and save on Desktop folder then all subfolders on Desktop open in a new window.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 137 Replies 137
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the most current update of Windows 10 64-bit and I too have this same issue with Photoshop CC 2015.

Deleting the NavPane key and recreating works for me, but using the Export function causes it to reoccur.

Updated to Photoshop CC 2017 today but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's a shame. This summer a support member from adobe made a remote session and diagnosed the problem correctly. So Adobe has the most detailed bug report possible (he operated several hours). Yet no bugfix.
PS: don't the presets in the new open dialog sync? Would be quite a shame for not doing so ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ,

Glad to hear that, let us know if there is a fix we can do, since the other suggested are not working for some of us.

Thanks.

Regards,

Stefano.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that too!

We know that you guys are working behind the scenes, sometimes all customers need are a little reassurance and honesty.

Stefano I found that JonnnyFive​'s registry permissions fix seem to work, though it's definitely just a workaround. Perhaps you can do that for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the Modules or the navpane fix is not working anymore for me. It worked last time i used photoshop, at least a couple of months ago, but not anymore, so I have no idea on what to do now, expect being very mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also waiting for a fix, hope it doesn't take as long as the initial acknowledgment of the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I've been dealing with this since I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago. Can't believe adobe hasn't fixed this since 2015. I wonder how many other people keep blaming windows 10 like I did when its really a problem with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typical "support" case with adobe bugs, like i experienced it.

After months of complaints, they tell its a fault of the OS.

After another couple of months they admit its their softwares bug.

And after that it lasts another couple of months until they fix it.

and implement the next bugs

Adobe, you really have to work on your software quality and bug fixing workflow/speed.

its so ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in Windows 7 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community. I literally have never posted on the forums before... until now, so it's quite a nice welcome!...

This bug is going to be the death of me. I come back to this thread all the time in hope of a new remedy or fix. It's slowing down my production, being paid for the work I do. I've been tanking this bug for months now, and I really thought I can get through it, trying to get 'used' to it. But, I just can't anymore. I am to the point where I will GLADLY pay for a fixed update for this. Hell, I will even sell my cat. Although, I am more than happy to see a Adobe employee respond to the issue.

Here is the issue recorded for clarification: https://gfycat.com/ShyDeliciousHoatzin

Can we please get some updates on whats happening now? Because if this problem persist for more than a damn month, I swear I'm moving back to MS Paint.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Creative Adobe brother...

I have found a workaround of sorts.

The issue seems to only arise if the 'Export files to an assets folder' option is checked in Preferences>Export.

If you select, 'Ask where to export each time', and close all your File Explorer windows... the issue goes away.

If you absolutely need the Export function to be lickety-split fast automatically to a folder each time, you'll have to just manage I suppose.

Good luck and hopefully Adobe sort this pesky issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @GrizzlyRus, I still get the same issue on either settings in the Export As Preferences.

The only way for me to dodge this is to do the fixes (and pray they work, they don't work always), and then use the Legacy Save options.

These issues only came about after they updated Photoshop to have a Export As and Quick Export function, so I think for now we just have to use Save As or Save For Web options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the GIF, even watching that is frustrating.

Also, searching for stuff in some folders opens in a new window as well, which is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything in this post and nothing has worked. Some fixes work for an hour or two, but then the problem comes back, stronger & bigger than before. At this point I'm shaking & terrified to even use my computer.

Please, Adobe I know you're busy, but give us, the viscous bug victims, an update.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Is there any further update on this? I tried calling Adobe support and they were not that helpful. Could hardly understand what was being said and kept saying that the issue was fixed in a previous update...despite me telling them that i'm running the latest version of the software.

I have temporary success with deleting the 'NavPane' key in the registry but would prefer not to have to do this and restart my machine every time I experience the issue. I see that someone has had success with 'jmmontoro's' suggestion but wanted to know if there was a permanent fix coming.

Has anybody also experienced the refreshing folder issue (every ~1sec or less). Could be coincidental but it started happening at the same time as the above issue (possibly fixed by turning the colour accent setting on and off in the theme setting menu), as well as an issue with keyboard mapping whereby the @ and " were suddenly swapped through no setting change. My apologies if these are not related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that works is:

Close all Windows Explorer windows.

Delete the key as above (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane)

Recreate the key manually (right click on Modules, New, Key)

Right click on the key, Permissions, Advanced, Disable Inheritance, Convert option (the top one).

Set permissions as follows:

ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES: DENY

RESTRICTED: DENY

SYSTEM: DENY

(YOUR USERNAME): ALLOW READ (untick Full Control)

Administrators: ALLOW READ (untick Full Control)

This may or may not break any customization you've got going on in your Navigation Pane (normally on the left of your Explorer windows). I really only use Quick Access to customize and I saw no problems.

This may also set your computer on fire, so use at your own risk.

Still, this resolved the issue permanently for me, it was driving me nuts. SHAME ON YOU ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, will let you know if my computer becomes a tower of flames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the only thing that worked. if you don't set the permissions to deny, the key inside NavPane keeps getting recreated and the issue persists. good find @danc37930389!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe marked this issue as ANSWERED. Woohoo! Finally!

...but wait... my folders were still glitched...

???

Until a man by the name of danc37930389 came out of the shadows and fiery flames of justice...

WITH AN ACTUAL FIX (that works for me...)

THANK YOU.

Note: At first the perm fix did not work. Until I unpinned absolutely everything from my Quick Access menu, restarted, then pinned them back on. Works like a charm.

I now know the feel of using this computer the right way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But wait, why did Adobe mark this problem as answered?

This problem is not answered.

All that has been posted in here are temporary fixes, and the problem keeps occuring.

If Adobe believes that these temporary fixes are satisfactory, then that is extremely disappointing, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might've spoke WAAAY too soon, my problem still persists.

But ya know what? I'm looking at the bright side of things ya know? Because it's Friday and... like I have a million projects to do on the weekend... and ya know... it's all good...

SON OF A-

But anyway I agree with scott, they marked this as answered from a fix that requires you edit some registry files... like what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I replied to thread, see above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey danc37930389​ thanks for getting back to me.

I sure did do everything right as you can see here:

nfB5iO2.png

It happens a lot LESS commonly. My designer friends that have the same exact problem found a working perm fix when using jmmontoro​'s fix. But I constantly spam that .bat file and only works for a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll continue to investigate and get back to you as soon as I have something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flatline

Q) Are you using any BitLocker encrypted partitions or drives?

1. Close all explorer windows and open up regedit.

2. Go to the key.

3. On the right, in the values, you should have a value named (Default) with type REG_SZ and (value not set).

Let me know if that's all you have. If not, then there's a permission somewhere that still allowing the key values to be edited.

For everyone else, I am going to test this on a VM where I can watch a stack trace and see what's triggering the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines