Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2015 is so slow it is unusable on my system

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is wrong here but this version of PS its horribly slow.

Here is a video i just captured about this issue:

http://cl.ly/2W0P381A1G1y/60fps-PSCC2015-slow.mp4

There is not difference with GPU enabled, there is no difference if I have or not rules enabled. I never experienced something like with with CC 2014.

MacPro with 12 cores and 64GB RAM

Its there something I could do to fix this?

We have a suggestion we'd like affected people to try out.

If you have slow menus or laggy commands, can you try turning OFF font preview (Type>Font Preview Size = None)?

(If it was already off, and you still have slow menus or laggy commands, we'd like to know that as well.)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2015 9
379 Replies 379
Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off/hide the rulers, then try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2015 2
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the quick response, it makes no difference.

I already tried with rules off and rules on, sure, with rules off it makes the scrolling and dragging smoother, but it wont fix the overall lag Im experiencing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2015 2
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, I first tried turning off the font previews which seemed better but actually it did nothing, especially when I move around a photo at 1:1 holding spacebar it was sticking and sluggish and horrible to use.

Turning off Rulers actually did the trick. Hope there is a fix for this soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, in stead off it just being an Illustrator problem. It's now a problem in Ps, Ai & Id. When will this software hell end?!?!?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 9
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems, been running fine all day and now all of a sudden this, right in the middle of crazy deadlines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 4
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same crap here. LAG.. It's 2015, cars and Photoshop SHOULD be flying for Pete's sake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 12
New Here ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello im from 2017 - still no different than 2015.

Sorry to disappoint

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 1
Enthusiast ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

how does cc 2014 run ?

is it slow too?

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 1
Explorer ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now running on 2017.1.1 and recently upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX1060 and Photoshop seems to be running quite smooth for the first time a long time. MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone. On press deadline for two directories today and also fell back onto InDesign CS6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on PC and slow with 24 Cores, 96GB RAM on Nvidia Quardo 6000 with RAID 0 array for scratch disk.

Photoshop CC 2014 runs acceptably fast but Photoshop CC 2015 - Sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I use the rulers so left them turned on just like I did in PS CC 2014.  Is disabling rulers a new feature in 2015 that's designed to kill the app?

Looking at resources, with plenty of free memory available, it appears PS CC 2015 doesn't seem to want to use memory but is instead sending a lot of R/W action to disk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 4
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New isn't always the best...rulers shouldn't be a deal breaker in CC.

Also what's the point in having RAM if PS relies to much on R/W action, that seems backward to me.....I'm not upgrading for now as I need a system that is stable for professional work. I have commissions to finish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 2