Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2015 won't open RAW images from my new Sony a111

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from an older model Nikon to a Sony A111. I went to upload my images to Photoshop last night and I get a pop-up block saying that I need to make sure I have the latest update for RAW files. I clicked the help tab, then the updates tab and nothing comes up. This leads me to beleive that I have all of the updates. I use a Mac. What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing something else? I have several shoots coming up soon and the thought of not being able to access this is terrible. Thanks in advance for your advice!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2015 won't open RAW images from my new Sony a111

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from an older model Nikon to a Sony A111. I went to upload my images to Photoshop last night and I get a pop-up block saying that I need to make sure I have the latest update for RAW files. I clicked the help tab, then the updates tab and nothing comes up. This leads me to beleive that I have all of the updates. I use a Mac. What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing something else? I have several shoots coming up soon and the thought of not being able to access this is terrible. Thanks in advance for your advice!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a Sony a111? That's a camera I have never heard of.

Assuming that's a typo for something else, here are the required ACR versions for any given camera model:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was a typo. Sorry for any confusion. It's the Sony a7iii I'm referring to. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. The a7 III has been supported since ACR version 10.3. What ACR version do you have?

I use an a7r III, and that model was released late 2017/early 2018. So that's the timeframe (they would have been released at roughly the same time).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0