• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 ***lagging*** when Text Layers are added or present!

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Crazy lagging when text layers are added or present in CC 2017. 

Anyone else have this issue?  It's insane.  The software is unusable.  CC 2015.5 works fine.  I'm on WIN 10, all settings same in both versions.

Just going to the Text tool with NOTHING open lags the system...unbearable.  Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem but im searching youtube videos or in google to find something out to fix it or i have to wait till someone finds a good fix solution i have problems too with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have to fix it. It`s a bug. That`s for sure. Like I said earlier, I tested this version on 3 different windows, and different configurations, 2 powerful laptops and one powerful PC with hi-end components, Win 7, 8.1, 10. It has the same behaviour on all 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an update from Adobe for Photoshop this morning. I was so happy! I was sure this will fix the text layers issue. Unfortunately it doesn't. Still dissapointed with this issue. It sucks big time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm.

The only solution is revert to version 2015.15, which works very well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I revert if this is the first time I have a paid plan with Adobe. I don`t have a history with CC. PS 2017 was the first one installed and paid. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015 works like a charm indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looked through this thread, and I have to say I am not having the same issues with Windows 10.  I have font preview set to Huge, rulers turned on, and maxed out synced TypKit fonts.  Is there nothing about this on the Feedback site?

OK, I checked.  An Adobe staff member is asking about other processes running as seen from Task manager in THIS THREAD

Looking at the System Info in post #3, I am wondering if Windows is running short of RAM with 80% assigned to Photoshop, and there is only 170Gb of space on the Scratch drive.  It's a decent CPU running at a good speed, but I'd be inclined to try dropping the image cache levels down to 4.  A possible biggy with that sys info is the video card, as I can remember posts about the NVIDA 6000 series cards being problematic.  Have you tried turning GPU acceleration off?

Post #12 seems to have sensible settings, and I can't see anything there untoward.   I don't know a heap about AMD cards though (obligatory comment here about if only we still had Noel )

So check task manager to see where all the CPU cycles are going, and if using Win 8.1 or 10, check Resource Monitor.

How many fonts do you guys have installed?  How long does Photoshop take to load, and if it stalls, at what stage is the Splash screen at?  Mine got to this stage in slightly more than one second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Like i told you in previsious posts, I tried CC 2017 on three different platforms under Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Laptops and PC. Even with only Windows fonts installed, has the same issue. I tried disable the Video Acceleration, fonts preview everything. I tried all solutions I could find on forums and Youtube. Even installed Windows again to have a clean copy. Nothing works. Now installed again previsious version of PS and works like a charm. So for me it`s clear there are bugs and not the operating system or hardware is the issue. The coincidence that all my 3 platforms have the same issue is too small to take that in consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue looking even at clean Windows 10 with standart fonts. And why 2015.15 work fine on the same PC, with those fonts?

Photoshop CC 2017 loaded fast like a 2015.15 version, "Sorting font list" stage less than half second...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dmezenin wrote:

This issue looking even at clean Windows 10 with standart fonts. And why 2015.15 work fine on the same PC, with those fonts?

Photoshop CC 2017 loaded fast like a 2015.15 version, "Sorting font list" stage less than half second...

Like I said. Mine works OK.  Did you check Task Manager for other processes?  Something is dragging down the CPU. It might be Photoshop and it might be another Adobe process.  It is easy to check and has to be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this test was created psd with text and use 2017 and 2015 versions.

2015 works fine, 2017 with lags.

When i select text in 2017 my CPU up to 30% (and more) and start lagging. When i select same text in same PSD in 2015 CPU works fine.

Снимок экрана (26).pngСнимок экрана (27).pngСнимок экрана (28).png

P.s. Sorry, for my bad English!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic: Photoshop CC 2017/Mac: type tool very slow

And this video: Photoshop CC 2017 - Type Tool Slow issue - YouTube

So, Mac version have this issue too.  And not related to the OS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, as I stated in the #8 post above, I have this problem too on my Mac. Definitely not related to OS. Currently running CC 2015 with the same set of fonts, settings etc. and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same behaviour like in that movie. I really don't understand why nobody reply to these posts, and give any assurance that they took notice about this issue and they try to fix it. It`s a total silence. Last update doesn't helped! Is there anybody listening our complains ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is photoshop 2017 related and i bet it´is not new to adobe (thought they play dumb).
i called them a few times... other i know of have called adobe too.

the text tools are not working as good as in earlier versions.

moving text and such stuff lags a lot on even the most powerfull PC´s.

go back to an earlier CC version on the same system and you will see that it is only related to the PS 2017 version.

it just another bug that is not fixed since december 2016.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, it's a major bug that needs to be fixed. The only solution is to use CC 2015.5.  Earlier I posted that changing the font preview fixed it. I am trying to delete or edit that post because since then, while it did help, it was only about a 50% fix. The system is more usable but still totally lagging. It's a major issue. CC 2015.5 is the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this before and I'll do it again, I'm looking for people willing to work directly with me to debug this. If you want to help us better understand and hopefully resolve this, please contact me directly at:  adam dot jerugim at adobe dot com

If I need to I'll get on a plane and fly somewhere (preferably west of the rockies) to get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you like to fly to Europe  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2017 this morning. Immediately noticed the lag and quickly narrowed it down to a text issue. I've since re-installed 2015.5 and the results were night and day. Definitely something in 2017 build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm...  This bug occurs only with TTF fonts. OTF fonts work well, just checked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried some of the OTF fonts as Dmezenin but without consistent result. Some of them were lagging and some not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, i found some OTF fonts that give a lags. It strange... But most of them work well, unlike TTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have that problem try contacting 

p CC 2017 ***lagging*** when Text Layers are added or present!

Adam JerugimAdobe Employee

He want to work with you on that problem

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines