• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Not liking graphics driver (even updated and all)

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I could use some help,

I am and illustrator and use photoshop all the time for work and have been having this problem for the past two versions of Photoshop. Its the same old same old "your graphics driver has issues" message and I cannot even turn on or off the "use graphics processor". Its all greyed out. I have the latest OS Sierra and Photoshop 2017 all updated.

I need to be able to rotate my canvas and the canvas is vastly pixilated in imagery. I really need help with this as I use it daily and heavily for work. Please help me here. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meganm,

Could you please refer to these articles and let us know if it helps?

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already raided all of your articles on this including these and nothing has helped.

For what ever reason, sometimes photoshop works fine and reads the graphic driver, but 90% of the time it says the same thing (error detected when trying to read graphics driver. Update the driver). No apple update has helped this either. I have cleaned out my computer and that has not helped, and have followed every advice and tutorial on this and am getting very frustrated at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know which graphics processor is installed in your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the information. The problem lies within the video memory because the recommended video memory for Photoshop is 512 MB and NVIDIA GeForce 320M only has 256 MB. Please follow the link below for more information on Photoshop compatible GPU.

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, makes sense enough, thank you. However I am still confused then how this feature works sometimes? Also I never had this issue until I updated to Sierra on MacOs and Photoshop CC 2017. Why is this happening NOW then, and how should I proceed with the driver? Does this mean I have to get a new driver installed or is my Mac just obsolete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case, I suggest that you get in touch with Apple and see if you can get a new GPU upgrade with 512 MB Video Ram or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines