• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop CC 2017 Printer Color Output Issue

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using PS CC 2017 recently to process the total eclipse images I shot.  They were all shot using Adobe RGB color spacing in RAW format.  I used Bridge to bring in several images into PS layers to stack the images using processing techniques published by Russell Brown from Adobe.  I'm also using the16-bit RGB color mode in PS.

I have an Epson XP 960 printer and only use Epson branded ink and paper (Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper).  When printing directly from PS, I follow the suggested guidelines from Adobe concerning not using the printers color management.  The results are very bad... the blacks are pure black, but the other colors (White/very light blue ) print out as flame orange/red.  Although it looks cool, that's not the effect I'm after.

I've also tried using the printers color management system and the results are exactly the same.  Oddly enough, I thought I would print in Black/White mode on the printer to see if I could get a true black/white print.  It printed exactly as it was in color mode which really has me baffled.

A year back before I had the XP 960, I tried both Cannon and Epson.  In a lot of cases, I had similar issues.

I really need some help with this as I prefer to print my own hard copies.  I'm also pretty new to a lot of the color management 'theme'.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Well... it's been a long road, but I think everything is solved. It ends up that there was multiple issues going on... #1 all of the incorrect color profiling and document profiling that I can set incorrectly and JJMack and D Fosse so patiently stepped me though.  #2 was an issue that I had never considered since I had very recently printed close to accurate photos on my XP-960.  2 of the 6 inkjet heads were totally clogged... both Cyans!  That explained why I was getting such orange/red tones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of your post show how you have set your Printer setting. You just show your Photoshop print settings and it been noted you have edit your image in your printers color space.  So most likely you should set  you printers settings  to no color management and set photoshop  settings the printer manages the color so nither Photoshop nor you printer's drivers change the colors that are in the document they are the printers colors.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

Printer1.JPG

Printer2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now you seem to know all. Reset Photoshop tool reset your Photoshop preferences.  Go process your  image in the color space you get in in process the image proof its colors and print with everything set correctly and if the print is bad uninstall Photoshop the use  Adobe cleaner the install Photoshop on your cleaned machine.  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha!  Very very far from knowing all

I did the reset as suggested, but that had no effect on the print output once I set everything up as instructed. I believe I'm going to wait a bit on the full re-install.  I'm heading up to Alaska on a business trip next week and I ordered a new system that will process photos a lot faster on PS.  Once I get back, I'll set up the system and let y'all know how it goes.  Cross your fingers and toes for me

Catch y'all in a week plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back from the North.  My new system was waiting for me.  I have most of it setup with Adobe software installed.  I should be able to start the process once again in the next day or two.  I will post my results/issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything???
I am having the SAME PROBLEM with exporting and then loading to print. lightroom no problem, Photoshop 16 and 8 bit all seem to be printing green
I'm going to reset PS (per JJMack and see if that helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well... it's been a long road, but I think everything is solved. It ends up that there was multiple issues going on... #1 all of the incorrect color profiling and document profiling that I can set incorrectly and JJMack and D Fosse so patiently stepped me though.  #2 was an issue that I had never considered since I had very recently printed close to accurate photos on my XP-960.  2 of the 6 inkjet heads were totally clogged... both Cyans!  That explained why I was getting such orange/red tones.  All is good now.  Thank you guys so much to helping me learning a lot along the way!

Rabel26.... you mentioned 8-bit.  Everything that has been suggested was to stick with 16-bit because you lose too much information.  Run a nozzle check on your printer too prior to printing just to made sure 1 or more of the heads aren't clogged like mine were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines