• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 cannot enter values into Curves Adjustment Layer

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of CC 2018. I tried entering specific input and output values into a Curves adjustment layer. The input box allowed entry. Everything goes blank as soon as I click on the output box. If I use the actual Curves function (Image > Adjustments > Curves) I can input both values. I tried doing the reset by shutting down Photoshop, pulling the CC 2018 settings file out onto the desktop, then restarting Photoshop. While it reset most things, it did not change the behavior in a Curves adjustment layer. I still could not enter an output value.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset your Photoshop Preferences? What are you using?

Capture.jpg

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that and tried the route of actually removing the settings file. Neither fixed the issue of not being able to enter an Output value when using a Curves adjustment layer.

CC 2018 latest updates applied. Windows 10 Home running in 64 bit mode. Everything else that I typically use seems to be working properly or has responded to the reset tool option.

Here is the first part of the CC System readout.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238 2018/01/16: 1153018  x64

Number of Launches: 88

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.16299.15

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3392 MHz

Built-in memory: 16367 MB

Free memory: 8674 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14431 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

I can't really capture a shot of the problem. When you place a point on the Curve it opens the input and output boxes. You can type a value into the input box. The output box remains visible at that point. As soon as you click on the output box to enter a value both the input and output boxes disappear. This happens whether I have multiple layers in the stack for an image or if I am trying to add a Curves adjustment layer as the first layer above the background. As I noted, I can still use the input and output boxes if I go to Image > Adjustments > Curves [CTRL-M] , just not with a Curves adjustment layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there is a bug in there. When I first open the Dialog with Ctrl+M  the value and the field are not displayed

If I move the mouse cursor over the grid values display but not in an input box

If I click on the White or Black input sliders the fields display with values and are useable using the dialog's reset button will also remove the two fields display

]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is related to custom workspace as far as I could figure out. Same problem with my custom workspace. But when i switched to standard Adobe workspace like "Essentials", the problem has gone and i could input values into both fields. It is necessary to convey this idea to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this thread in late December - ClusterX seems to be right in their assumption, I have obtained analogous results as them by switching my custom workspace to "Essentials"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists in PS 2019 latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this thread in June 2019.   ClusterX solution of switching custom workspace to essentials fixed the bug on my V19.1.8 

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in that if your Properties palette window is too narrow, the Output field in your Curves adjustment layer will disappear or become unclickable. To fix this bug, just widen the Properties palette until either the Output field reappears or you can click into it (depending on which issue you're having).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. It did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

This answer OK.

You are my hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I had the same problem until today, since like a year or two ago and never find a solution.

Finally there was nothing fancy, no resetting.

You just have to resize the Curves Adjustment Panel and that is! That solves the problem of the disappearing output field in Curves.

My screen is small, so I had to expand the window almost covering the whole canvas. Like this.

I hope this tip will help.

2020-04-26 (1)_cannoteditcurves_output.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I tried it out first as it was the most simple solutin and it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that solution. Such an easy fix for a frustrating problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines