• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crop tool

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old Photoshop had a crop tool to cut photo to equal 3rds. Is it not available on the new Photoshop CC 2018 ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Did you customize your Toolbar and remove the tool? If you did restore Defaults.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually is has several rules. But you need to click on a corner to have the guide be displayed. Always Show Overlay alone does not do it....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pretty much solves my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6463_pano_01.jpgIMG_6463_pano_02.jpgIMG_6463_pano_03.jpg                      I meant cropping it into 3 equal sections from 1 panoramic photo and saving it. In the older version of Photoshop it has this crop tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that you would need to create three new document each beeing 1/3 the image,  Could easly be done by setting a fixed size selection.  100% height 33.3% wide.  Copy and past the three 1/3  selections of the background layer.  Delete the background and save layers as files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Photoshop had the "Slice Selection Tool", it was easier. What ever happened to it ? Why was it not included withe the new Photoshop CC 2018 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you customize your Toolbar and remove the tool? If you did restore Defaults.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have accidentally customized the tool bar, restoring it to default solved the missing slice tools.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This really helped me out. I was struggling so much trying to figure out why I couldn't find the Slice Tool. Even though I haven't changed or personalized my tool bar i went through the steps you showed and found the Slice Tool. So I appreciate you posting such a helpful response to this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use guide, choose View > New Guide Layout ... And enter the 3 columns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines