Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - features missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a project with photoshop cc 2018 and have neither of these options available. What can I do about it or am I missing here something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

burkhardk18767876 See here to reset the toolbar, don't worry about the 2015 designation it still works the same  Tools missing from the toolbar Photoshop CC 2015

herasymcuk  If you are not seeing the tool with 19.1 then try

a. Resetting the tools

if that does not work

b. Reset Preferences . Go to Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit and then close and restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go Help > About Photoshop ​if you do not show 19.1.0 (I think) then check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do have the right version, one thing to check is which workspace you're in, because different workspaces can show, hide, or rearrange tools to places you aren't expecting.

To reset everything to the way it's documented in the help file, first choose Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default). If you still don't see the tool you want, choose Window > Workspace > Reset Essentials.

If that still doesn't do it, try resetting preferences: Open Preferences > General, click Reset Preferences on Quit, then quit and restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me. I have the tools only available when I go to select and select "select and Mask".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Subject is a command or button, not a tool, so when you click the Select menu, is the Subject command there? It should be in the same group of commands as Color Range and Focus Area.

If you aren't seeing the Magic Wand or Quick Selection tools, attach a screen shot of the Tools panel to your next reply in case that helps us see what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Subject is in the select menu!

Here is the tools panel:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools panel didn't show up in your post. If you were posting by email, you may have to post in the web forum to have the image appear in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied with email. Here is the web version:

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 7.14.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For you the select Subject is in the select menu at least. For me it's not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if nobody shares pictures. To post a screen shot do NOT reply by email. Come to the forum. Type reply. Use the insert graphics button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem/iussue. The new "select subject" option is not present nowhere. I cecked my version number after the update, ofc and its 19.1. But on select menu, on select/mask window or in any selection tool....the command "select subject" (as i saw i many review) is not present. What i have to do? Thank you)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone can help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - Since no-one is putting up screenshots this is what it should look like - and what we want to see in your screenshots:

1. The Select menu

2. Inside select and mask. Note the select subject button only appears with the quick select tool selected. It will dissappear if you switch to the other tools

3. If the any tools are missing from the toolbar go to the three dots - then choose Edit toolbar settings and restore defaults

You can also check your workspace as different workspaces alter the toolbar content

Finally Select Subject requires Photoshop CC v 19.1 which you can check in Photoshop>Help>System Info and looks like this :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before. I can select subject, but only when I go to select and mask I see the quick select tool etc.I try my screenshot again:

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 7.14.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the toolbar?

In Windows go to Edit > Toolbar   then click Restore defaults

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working MAC os and I tried to reset the toolbar, but I am not sure if I did the right thing! I just noticed that on my old mac, using PS cc2017 I see quick select in the tool bar. Just to confirm can you please tell me how to reset the tool bar on a mac?

Burkhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have also same situation , i have been updete to Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.4 20180507.r.325 2018/05/07: 1170750  x64

but the select tool dosent appear , i reset all the tools and Reset Preferences on Quit  but dosent appear

please help

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Please post a screenshot of the Photoshop interface, so that we can see if you are in the correct workspace (top right of the interface), if the toolbar is modified, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

I have the same problem.

Here is my "Sistem Inforation":

Versión de Adobe Photoshop: 19.1.5 20180604.r.346 2018/06/04: 1175273  x64

Número de inicios: 3

Sistema operativo: Windows 10 64 bits

Versión: 10 o posterior 10.0.17134.1

Arquitectura del sistema: Intel  Familia CPU:6, Modelo:14, Versión:3 con MMX, Número entero SSE, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Cantidad de procesadores físicos: 2

Cantidad de procesadores lógicos: 4

Vel. del procesador: 2400 MHz

Memoria incorporada: 16316 MB

Memoria libre: 10448 MB

Memoria disponible para Photoshop: 14926 MB

Memoria usada por Photoshop: 70 %

Capas de alias: Deshabilitado.

Paleta de teclas modificadoras: Habilitado.

Highbeam: Habilitado.

Tamaño de azulejos de la imagen: 128K

Niveles de caché de imagen: 4

Vista previa de fuentes: Medio

TextComposer: Latino

Pantalla: 1

Mostrar límites: superior= 0, izquierdo= 0, inferior= 768, derecho= 1366

Here is the environment you are refering to:

I've alrready done all said in this post, restoring to default all the tools, Photoshop, etc. But I still do not have my "Magic Button" "Select subject".

What else can I do?.

Thank you very much indeed to all of you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select.jpg

look at my pic. I have not the select subject option. i tried to restore and reset everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but it is hard to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

burkhardk18767876 See here to reset the toolbar, don't worry about the 2015 designation it still works the same  Tools missing from the toolbar Photoshop CC 2015

herasymcuk  If you are not seeing the tool with 19.1 then try

a. Resetting the tools

if that does not work

b. Reset Preferences . Go to Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit and then close and restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works after resetting and restarting Photoshop: b. Reset Preferences . Go to Preferences >General >Reset Preferences on Quit and then close and restart Photoshop

Thank you,

Burkhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work for me. i tried it several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines