• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
When I work in full-screen mode (F), I want to move my workspace with the hand (space). Since the update is impossible to move easily. The workspace is recenter automatically.

For example if I want to work details, I zoom to 200% and use the full screen mode. I want to move the window to the left for work on the right side of my drawing, but photoshop automatically re-centers the workspace. And I can't see my work anymore. This new default setting is very painful.

How to turn off the recentering of the workspace in full screen mode ?

Thank you

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Adobe just released an update (19.1.0) and the issue has been resolved. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap! When will this get fixed. I did the update not too long after it became available. I discovered this issue and quickly deleted the new version and reinstalled the previous one. After a couple months, I figured it would've been fixed by now, so I reinstalled the new version and... it's still here. Now I get to reinstall the previous version... again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH! This dives me super mad since the last UPADATE!

Last year i´ve contacted the support for this issue a few times – and it was absolutely NO! help. It was new, and it seams that i am the only one... once the support wants me the reinstall my hole system completely new?! On another side the support said to reinstall PS without all plugins and brushes... what th f**k?!  Are you kidding me? What a stupid solution is this! It is like to tell an artist: go home and start from scratch without your casual tools. NO Sir!

"totally uncool!" Instead I am looking for another solution for me – maybe i am going to give AFFINITYPhoto a chance?!

Adobe – I'am a customer and have to say: “shame on you!“

Cyprian Lothringer /// mai@cyplot.de

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe solution logic: the solution is just don't use 2 of 3 screen modes...DUH..

Adobe 'feature' logic: break something for the sake of breaking it, and watch the forums fill with pages of professionals BEGGING for a fix.

More Adobe 'feature' logic: Better pack in more great auto-centering features that can't be disabled.

My logic- rolling back to CS6 and say goodbye to CC rental fees! Tired of you fools breaking software I use for a living, just to add more bloated crap "features".

It's been months to 'fix' something that wasn't broken before. It's clear you don't give a damn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop CC on a MacbookPro and have been having this issue. It is super annoying! Is there still no fix or workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Adobe just released an update (19.1.0) and the issue has been resolved. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMAZING! Works perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heaven's ta-Betsy, the recent 19.1 update seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you, at long last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i am having an issue where when i enter full screen mode, the screen is not actually full, but only a portion of my display.  I think this is related to the dpi of my monitor?  I have multiple monitors.  If I press tab 2x, full screen mode works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only happening when i have multiple monitors active. (one is high DPI, one is 1080p).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BifDog  wrote

now i am having an issue where when i enter full screen mode, the screen is not actually full, but only a portion of my display.  I think this is related to the dpi of my monitor?  I have multiple monitors.  If I press tab 2x, full screen mode works as it should.

You need to start a new thread.  Say what operating system you are using, what GPU and driver version. 

I am sure you'll have done this, but restarting the computer often fixes display issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for the frustration. That is a known issue with 19.1. There are two options for a workaround. Either:

1) Make your 2X display primary (as far as we understand, this bug is only encountered when one is running an 1x machine and a 2x machine, where the 1x is primary)

2) When it happens press tab once or twice

Thread for this issue is here:
Photoshop 19.1: In fullscreen mode, canvas moves to upper left corner and 3/4 of the canvas is unusa...

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed.

1. Have a large image 65"x40".

2. Select crop tool.

3. Use keyboard shortcuts to temporarily switch to zoom tool (Mac: Cmd+Space)

4. Drag a Box to Zoom to a corner...

and...

5. Boom. Photoshop recenters the current view to the middle of the image.

6. Zoom all the way out. (Cmd+0)

7. Step 3 again...

8. Works as expected.

A first attempt at this ALWAYS zooms/pans to the center.

A second attempt ALWAYS works as expected, by zooming the area selected by zoom tool.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Standard Screen mode.

Mac's non-full-screen mode, but app window expanded to fit monitor.

Tabbed mode.

Illustrator tries to do this too. Use the Zoom Tool as "Zoom to Selection"...which needs a separate keyboard shortcut. Like say, what Freehand had 17 years ago, "Cmd + =".

Stop using ZoomIn / ZoomOut for selection based zooming. It doesn't work and it bad UI/UX to boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curt,

Thanks for the report! There were several snapping-to-center bugs that were addressed in the most recent release of Photoshop and this was thought to have been one of them. Thanks to your report and another one like it I reopened the case and our engineers are looking into it.

Regards,

Hannah

For reference, the other forum link is here: Photoshop CC 2018: Using Crop tool and zoom together snaps the view to the middle of the image | Pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent a couple hours helping a friend with this same issue.  The latest 19.1 update did not fix the issue on Windows 10.  What we found however was a workaround.  The problem does not occur if you set your Windows display scaling back to 100%.  It seems when you have the scaling set to say 150%, common on larger displays for easier reading, Photoshop fails to properly figure out the screen size.  It acts like it thinks the display is much larger than it actually is and places the image over to the right.  Not a perfect solution but it will allow you to keep more hair on your head and not have to roll back to an older version while Adobe figures this out.

Thought I better get this out there in case it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the workaround for Windows. When you refer to the fix not helping Windows 10, are you referring specifically to the Crop Tool related snapping to center issue? Or all of the other full-screen snapping-to-center issues also?

Just wondering what precipitated your friend's problem.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In his case it was the last upgrade to Photoshop that started the problem (19.1).  In his case when he opens any image instead of typically defaulting to the center of the screen his images always opened far to the right of the screen under the right hand side tool windows.  In addition the image could not be moved and the typical top bar upper right icons for minimize, full screen and close are missing along with the Windows taskbar.

Once you put Windows screen scaling back to the normal 100% setting everything works like it used to.  When opening an image it starts centered just like it always did.  We did not test crop tool centering so I cant speak to that specific issue.  I don't see the issue on my own machine as I never changed my Windows scaling in the first place.  You should be able to make it happen to see it first hand yourself by just changing Windows scaling to say 150% and it should show up immediately.  Anyway hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

Would you mind testing something for me? Without a screenshot it's hard to be sure, but it sounds like you may be describing a different known issue. Can you trigger that behavior again and then press tab once or twice to see if it resets the canvas?

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried this on my PC at both 125% and 150% scaling and for whatever reason my Photoshop does not act like his does.  Mine seems to always start centered when opening a psd or jpg.  I am on the same version PS and Windows as he is but not the same video driver.  He has an Nvidia graphics card.  So I guess I can't test it for you . I will see if he can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That's interesting about the graphics card difference between your machines. Here's the thread about the other problem that I wondered about when you described only being able to use the top corner of the workspace (with screenshots): Photoshop 19.1: In fullscreen mode, canvas moves to upper left corner and 3/4 of the canvas is unusa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working with photoshop 2019 and still having this problem. I am only working with one layer and cannot move side to side at all or up and down. I can only zoom in and out which is automatically centered. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines