Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2018 IGNORES TABLET PROPERTIES

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop to the latest update ( 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64)
and it completely ignores the tablet properties such as:

a) Pen Pressure (the pen no longer have pen pressure, no matter if windows ink is turned on or of)
b) Screen Lock (the tablet should lock on Monitor 1 while using Photoshop, and it doesn't)

Every other software i'm using such as Clip studio Paint, zBrush and so on are working fine.

While photoshop completely ignores them.

The previous version used to work fine, but it's been overwritten by the new one without even asking.

The software, no matter the new features, has got worse with every update in terms of performance,
stability, and usability.

Introducing the standard windows Alt key behaviour was already driving me nuts.

i still have not tried the windows ink workaround
i hope this gets fixed TODAY because as it is, PS is useless to me, and i'll be moving to
any alternative available.

Update, the previous Win Ink workaround fix pen pressure and the screen lock

Trevor.Dennis  ha scritto

hansb90361119 wrote:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY annoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opacity don't work.

You've turned off Windows Ink, so without supplying an alternative, pen pressure is not going to work.  You have to enable WinTab.

If Windows Ink is disabled

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2018 IGNORES TABLET PROPERTIES

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop to the latest update ( 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64)
and it completely ignores the tablet properties such as:

a) Pen Pressure (the pen no longer have pen pressure, no matter if windows ink is turned on or of)
b) Screen Lock (the tablet should lock on Monitor 1 while using Photoshop, and it doesn't)

Every other software i'm using such as Clip studio Paint, zBrush and so on are working fine.

While photoshop completely ignores them.

The previous version used to work fine, but it's been overwritten by the new one without even asking.

The software, no matter the new features, has got worse with every update in terms of performance,
stability, and usability.

Introducing the standard windows Alt key behaviour was already driving me nuts.

i still have not tried the windows ink workaround
i hope this gets fixed TODAY because as it is, PS is useless to me, and i'll be moving to
any alternative available.

hansb90361119 wrote:

If you check the "use windows ink" for wacom intous 5 (most likly all of the models) you are getting a REALLY annoying lag with zoom and pen size adjuster etc. If you turn it off, it works perfect, but the downside is the pen pressure opacity don't work.

You've turned off Windows Ink, so without supplying an alternative, pen pressure is not going to work.  You have to enable WinTab.

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2017 2
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hansb90361119 wrote:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 32
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution helped me. I have used this solution for very long time.

What is strange is that as far as i can member i didnt add this file to photoshop 2018 settings folder but the file was already there but with wrong extension. For some really strange reason the file was named as PSUserConfig.txt.txt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guidos50720937  wrote

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

This technically does work. But if you use Win10 it no longer has WinTab so use this instead:

# Use Wacom Professional Service

UseSystemStylus 0

I haven't tested it in 2018, but i had the same issue when I reverted to 2017 and updated my drivers. This SHOULD fix it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 5
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like in CC 2018 this route is no longer valid:

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

So where should I put the the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no answer? None of this works for Win 10 / PS CC 2018

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gddmit.jpg

Come on Adobe, this is your issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 5
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, this seems to have worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the WinTab thing and it didn't work, but then I tried this and it did! (I have PS CC 2018 on Windows 10)

Thanks very much!!

Get your sh*t together, Microsoft + Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion totally got rid of the no pen pressure input issue from the newest update.

Thanks a lot!

This works on the the newest 2018 cc update, guys! Go for it, if you are suffering

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is the only solution working on my windows 10 with a bamboo pen&touch, wintab is not working at all.
Still not fixed in 2020, so disappointing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Upgraded Photoshop once again.

had to follow these steps once again.

thought it my duty to bump it again, in case anybody else is having trouble and the windows ink trick isn't working for them either.

thanks again @guidos50720937

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018 2
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andy.d.bell

Thank you this worked for me. Win 10 Psd 2018 on Cintiq after reinstalling my wacom driver and calibrating it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough right after I fixed the pen pressure issue with these steps

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

I broke the pressure sensitivity again by reloading my old wacom prefs. Did the same trick again an now it is fixed. Again...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to RE Iterate that this TEXT quick FIX file only fixes part of the Issue. there are still a lot of other bugs involved. for instance, the Move tool is completely busted.

This is a Temporary band-aid to just be able to draw,paint.

I'm sorry but I get annoyed that

A: this needs to be fixed by someone... ADOBE, WACOM, or MICROSOFT.

B: It's handicapping me during my work day

C: I get annoyed that people keep recommending this stupid TXT code (wacom) WITHOUT REALLY TRYING IT! when It doesn't correct all of the issues that are occurring in Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super fix, worked great! Do you know if you can use a similar fix for lighroom classic to fix pen pressure too?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YESSSS great, thank you so much I was going crazy!!!  its working great now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me.  The other issue I've been having is that when Windows ink was on, so I could leverage the pressure sensitivity, adjusting sliders with my pen (Wacom Intuos Pro) was dang near impossible with the lag.  This fix has finally enabled me to have my cake and eat it too   Thank you very much!  (BTW, my drives, wacom software and PS version are all current)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guidos! This fix worked for me and one of my co-workers who had the same issues with the latest Windows/Adobe updates clashing, and making work very difficult. We can finally get back to producing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!!I have Windows 10 and Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (17/08/2018)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1.- Quit Photoshop

2.- Open your Wacom Tablet Properties (from the start menu)

3.- Disable Windows Ink (From the photoshop tab. I have problems with chrome too so I disabled Windows Ink from tha main menu too)

2-5-2018+4-30-00+PM.png

4.- Create a text file in notepad with these lines:

# Use Wacom Professional Service

UseSystemStylus 0

5.- Save it and put the file in this path:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

(ps: if you don't see app data, enable show hidden files)

6.- Open Photoshop and that's it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guidos,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Could you confirm if the workaround mentioned by TrevorDennis has been working fine for you?

We are investigating this issue and will get back with more updates.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did, but the issue with windows ink is getting pretty boring since it comes back with every major Update

You should start considering the possibility of choosing the this option in the control panel (At Least)

BTW, the wacom drivers work PERFECTLY FINE with any other software, windows ink or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 5
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was directed to this thread from another whose members are having a very strange glitch problem. Whenev we zoom in, then try to draw a vertical line, the stylus seens to grab the image and scroll. I’m using a Wacom Bamboo on a Surface Pro 3. It wasworking splendidly until yesterday and I don’t remember even updating manually but may have authorized a group update upon closing for the night.

Ive tried reinstalling old versions and now they all do it. I’ve cleared my preferences, disabled Windows Ink and even sent a mean text to my innocent neighbor,  just to blow off steam. (Kidding... because I have to or my frustration will wreck me).

please advise...as I have some deadlines I need to meet.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same thing has just started happening to me as well.  My computer rebooted the other day (April 10th) and now, if I am in zoomed in mode, my pen moves the screen when I try to draw.  I have to pause slightly to let the circle around the tip form (if I hold for just too long my brush preferences window opens).  This is significantly cutting my drawing time by about 75% as I now need to pause before each stroke.  Very frustrating.

Anyone else with this problem? any possible solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was contacting Windows Support directly.  They installed the latest Windows 10 and now all is working as it should.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

This is still a mess for me. I have the most up-to-date version of Photoshop CC 2018 (4/21/2018). I'm on Windows 10 Pro (version 1709 also updated today). I'm using a Cintiq 27QHD which has the most updated driver ( I also rolled back the driver update to see if it changed the issue with pressure sensitivity and it did not) The Config file suggest in this thread also does not work for me.

So I am faced with

- turning off Windows Ink in my Tablet settings for Photoshop and lose any pen pressure control, or

- keeping Windows Ink enabled and have multiple tools with buggie behavior in Photoshop

What has not worked:

- The config file suggestion already in the thread

- disabling Windows Ink for Windows 10

-Uninstalling my wacom and reinstalling it

-Uninstalling Photoshop CC and reinstalling it

-Updating Photoshop CC

I'm really frustrated. Does anyone have any additional suggestions or a concrete fix that has worked across the board?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I found a fix that worked for me!

From the Microsoft Support Forum: Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

This allowed me to:

1. Keep Windows Ink enabled in my Wacom Settings
  2. Fixed the bug that gave me the most problems (panning and moving the canvas with tools that shouldn't do that)
  3. This all works with the most update-to-date Photoshop CC 2018, The windows 10 update, and the Wacom Tablet driver update (all up-to date as possible)
  4. Also ensure your video card drivers are up-to date (mine was the Nividia GeForce)

Directions just in case the link does not work:

To give you more control over pen behavior, we recently released an update to the pen feature for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709). However, this update has resulted in unexpected panning or scrolling with pen use in certain apps:

• Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Lightroom
  • 3DSMax
  • Expressii
  • ComicStudio
  • ClipStudio
  • Sibelius

If you encounter this issue, you can resolve it using the following steps:

1. From Start, search for cmd
  2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  4. Press Enter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2018 5
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged in to say, thank you brandyt14922885, this worked for me.

With these instructions all I had to do was make sure that "Use Windows Ink" was checked and I was able to avoid all the problems. Thank you everyone in this thread for giving me some solutions to try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have worked!! Thank you! I still have other glitches with my Photoshop CC, but this frustration is over now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

after literally days of working on this and trying everything; updates, reverting back to PS2017, driver updates and pulling out all of my hair I got the windows ink thing to work, but then when I zoomed in the brush was moving the artwork, argh..

your fix finally got that fixed and the lag is gone too. What a relief

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this worked for the stylus grabbing and moving the image (which it ONLY did when moved vertically), BUT now...

every time i select an image to transform, once the stylus touches the page, it switches to selecting the bottom layer.

UGH!!! I'm going to lose a lot of work over this...deadlines aren't being met

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Auto Select Layer checked?  In the Tool Options.  Uncheck it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue here. Photoshop 19.0 Release is completely ignoring my Wacom intuos pro properties.

On the new lightroom version it works perfectly but not on photoshop.

I'm using a macbook pro on MacOs Sierra version 10.12.6.

Can someone help ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hadhouud,

Could you please take a look at this article Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS and let us know if that helps?

~Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after different manipulations I was able to resolve the issue yesterday night.

I had to delete all my preferences of my Wacom tablet and finally I was able to assign specific keys to Photoshop that was recognized by the application.

I don't know why it happens as I only updated Photoshop and Lightroom before having the issue.

Anyway, if someone is having the same issue he should delete all the preferences of the Wacom or restore a configuration backup and it should resolve the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 3
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input hadhouud, This might help others having the similar issue.

Glad it is now working fine.

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Adobe Illustrator 2018 also ignores the tablet's preferences. Sad to have to delete and reset all of the preferences for all of my programs just to get things to work properly. But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 3
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has not helped me.  I was previously using an intuos pro medium but a couple of months ago purchased a new Wacom and now have the Wacom intuos pro PTH-660 with the latest drivers.  I am using Windows 7.  Unfortunately the advice has not helped and I am unable to use any function with the Wacom in photoshop 2018 and have had to revert to photoshop 2017 until this issue is resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 1