Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2018 - some shortcuts do not work

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Cc 2018, installed yesterday:

1. Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S works just from time to time, I can't find a rule, but almost never. It works always with right keys Ctrl-Shift-Alt and some other combinations with right version for these keys.

2. Alt-Backspace works on second press, not from the begining as usual.

I am on Windows 7 X64.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop 19.0.1.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2018 - some shortcuts do not work

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Cc 2018, installed yesterday:

1. Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S works just from time to time, I can't find a rule, but almost never. It works always with right keys Ctrl-Shift-Alt and some other combinations with right version for these keys.

2. Alt-Backspace works on second press, not from the begining as usual.

I am on Windows 7 X64.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop 19.0.1.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically almost all the keys that use alt are broken.

The rule for Save for Web is: if you press alt first, it won't work. If you press Ctrl first, it will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, thank you Sergey!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried other shortcuts, but most of the times, alt double click delete (or backspace) will work. If that doesn't work, try double alt, then delete or backspace (I never use backspace 'cause it triggers a "ding" sound on my system). It seems that the alt key notifies PhotoShop to change the current form of the selected tool and doesn't release it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this adobe. It is really annoying

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really frustrating. I have been pressing the shorcuts like 5 times to make it work. I can't remember where I can find them in the menu anymore since I use the shorcuts so much. (Alt+Del 5 times tto make it work)

I hope adobe fixes this issue soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly a month after release and no fix rolled out? Inadequate testing on a major release? I am hoping you have a broad range of actual users on staff testing your release candidates and not just QA, managers and programmers. Based on this past release, the evidence tells us this couldn't be true. Unless somehow none of them tried any of these hotkeys?

Nervous

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines