Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - some shortcuts do not work

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Cc 2018, installed yesterday:

1. Ctrl-Shift-Alt-S works just from time to time, I can't find a rule, but almost never. It works always with right keys Ctrl-Shift-Alt and some other combinations with right version for these keys.

2. Alt-Backspace works on second press, not from the begining as usual.

I am on Windows 7 X64.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop 19.0.1.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically almost all the keys that use alt are broken.

The rule for Save for Web is: if you press alt first, it won't work. If you press Ctrl first, it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, thank you Sergey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried other shortcuts, but most of the times, alt double click delete (or backspace) will work. If that doesn't work, try double alt, then delete or backspace (I never use backspace 'cause it triggers a "ding" sound on my system). It seems that the alt key notifies PhotoShop to change the current form of the selected tool and doesn't release it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this adobe. It is really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really frustrating. I have been pressing the shorcuts like 5 times to make it work. I can't remember where I can find them in the menu anymore since I use the shorcuts so much. (Alt+Del 5 times tto make it work)

I hope adobe fixes this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly a month after release and no fix rolled out? Inadequate testing on a major release? I am hoping you have a broad range of actual users on staff testing your release candidates and not just QA, managers and programmers. Based on this past release, the evidence tells us this couldn't be true. Unless somehow none of them tried any of these hotkeys?

Nervous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem,

ALT combinations work only if ALT is pressed after all other keys.

Gidon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop 19.0.1.

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Check for App Updates

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I also posted this in a 'photoshop family' forum - sorry if this is cross-posting)

Is there a 19.0.1 release coming for CC 2018 (Windows 10)?  CC says I have the latest (19.0) but I definitely have keyboard shortcuts mapping incorrectly even after doing a preferences reset.  The mappings look as expected, but the commands that are executed are incorrect (e.g., Shift-F5 executes Select-Grow). (note that I tried all the workarounds I could find - closing other apps, ensuring Wacom was not enabled, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

même problème ...

le raccourci clavier Shift+F5 ne fonctionne pas.

une mise à jour serait la bienvenue

The same problem...

The hot key Shift+F5 does not work.

An update would be welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was fixed in 19.0.1 and it was only about shortcuts with Alt key in them. So Shift+F5 not working is a separate issue. Maybe there's a different reason why it doesn't work? Some other software uses it? Function doesn't start because of error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one of the last emails I had with Adobe (and by the way - the command set is supplied by Adobe - they logged a bug for this):

Edit:  I just found this in a search (written in 2009):

"Somehow (like me), you probably loaded a set of actions called "Commands," which contains lots of keyboard shortcuts for things like cut, copy, paste, etc.  The specific command for "grow" is Shift+F5.  You can either remove that action specifically, or you can remove the whole "Commands" set by clicking on the trash icon at the bottom of th e Actions pallette."

And indeed, these actions are all under a set named 'Commands.'  If they are not out of the box, I wonder where they came from ...

Last edit:  I found the 'actions - reset actions.'  Problems should be solved now.  Still no idea what installed those but I think I'm good.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

There is no 19.0.1 version, just 19.0, checked right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried changing my keyboard shortcuts.  And there is no way to do ctrl+shift+S. It does not register. You have to change it to Ctrl+Alt+S instead, or something different. Very stupid

Also, there is no 19.0.1 for pc. Just 19.0

(November 16 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 19.1.0 and CTRL+E is still not working to merge layers, even though it's listed in the shortcut manager and has been a shortcut for a very long time.

Anyone else having an issue with this shortcut?

Logic would dictate that if saying "upgrade to 19.0.1 will fix the problem" and you're on 19.1.0, you're on a newer release and the fix should be there... but it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem.

I'm running InDesign 13.0.1 and Photoshop 19.1.0 — Ctrl+E (export to PDF in InDesign) stopped working for the 2nd time in just a few days. Last week I contacted Adobe support and they reset all of my preferences / defaults, which did fix the problem, but am I supposed to reset them several times a week? I use Ctrl+E dozens of times a day, in Photoshop as well, and it's also not working there either.

Nothing wrong with my keyboard — in fact, this same problem happened with my previous computer, so it's clearly not anything with my setup.

I wish I knew why this was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, zoom (Z key) in particular has been buggy, across multiple computers and multiple versions of photoshop.  I hit 'Z', the magnification eyeglass icon appears, but my tool remains as whatever it was before I hit z.

So basically

1. clone stamp tool active (for example)

2. Hit 'z'

3. see zoom icon

4. click on image

5. Photoshop clone stamps instead of zooms.

I have to hit z multiple times, un-doing the unintentional tool clicks, before I can start actually zooming.

I also frequently have trouble with the bracket [ ] keys to adjust brush size.  Often enough, either NOTHING happens, or I get the system error beep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious in some of these cases if the "Focus" of the app is being interrupted.

If you are experiencing these issues do you use the New Start Screen in Photoshop? Check Preferences.
Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 12.26.27 PM.png

And if you turn this off do you still have issues?

Or if you want to take it a step further, open the Preferences and Turn Off/Uncheck Extensions.

Please keep in mind if you turn these off it will disable the Library Panel and other 3rd Party Extensions. They will not be avaible in the Photoshop user interface until they are enabled again in the Preferences.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 12.33.01 PM.png

If you turn Extensions off do you still have issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try many times, but not work. I cannot use Alt+Shift for copy get allign. Pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These new updates to Photoshop ARE TERRIBLE. When I click a layer to move it, half the time it's selecting the text all the sudden to edit it! What the crud! And there's so many other little changes I've had to try to figure out how the shortcuts have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - every day there are updates and commands used for years are no longer working.    Command + no longer increases size, "0" also nothing - everything reduced screen to smaller size possible with no surround screen - ultra frustrating - this cloud subscription is terrible in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i might have found a work around without requiring an update,
If you go to the "Edit" tab and select "Keyboard Shortcuts" or simply use Alt+Shift+Ctrl+K
and just check the dial box of "Use legacy channel shortcuts", that should work. It worked for me. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines