• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 dialogs and document windows missing (Mac)

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

On launch the PS window is blank (I assume the home screen should be there). If I hit Esc the panels appear, but I can't summon the New or Open dialogs. If I open a document it doesn't show up unless I click away and back again. Summoning Preferences also won't work unless I click away and back again. I've tried disabling external screen, trashing prefs, restarting many times, even reinstalling Photoshop from scratch. The last helped for the first launch but when I quit and reopened the same behaviour started again.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), MacOS High Sierra v 10.13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

OK team, I figured it out. Apologies for not twigging sooner but I had Rightfont 3 installed and it seemed to be the culprit. Updated to version 4 and all is fine now.

Cautionary tale: Keep Rightfont up to date if you have these issues!

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LukasPrime,

Sorry that Photoshop CC 20.0 opens up blank and you cannot access any of the panels within the application.

Could you please uncheck the option "disable home screen" under the Preferences> General menu and let us know if that helps?

Also, select the option "use legacy new document" under the Preferences and check if you're able to open a new document.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the "open" dialog does not show is mysterious.

Are you using any 3rd party Photoshop plug-ins?

After you open a document (in the case where is does not show up), does it appear if you resize the application frame a bit?

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks folks,

Disabling home screen does indeed allow panels to show on launch, however the same problem persists with the document windows and dialogs. No difference with "use legacy new document".

No third party plug-ins, this is a pretty basic install on this MacBook. The only thing that may be a bit outside the norm is I have a Wacom Intuos installed (but currently unplugged). I generally use a second screen attached via the Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter, but I already tried unplugging that and restarting.

Resizing window doesn't bring up the document, however clicking away and back again does, after a slight delay.

At the moment Photoshop is basically barely usable, hopefully I get get to the bottom of this soon. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK team, I figured it out. Apologies for not twigging sooner but I had Rightfont 3 installed and it seemed to be the culprit. Updated to version 4 and all is fine now.

Cautionary tale: Keep Rightfont up to date if you have these issues!

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines