• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's causing it. I updated PS today to the latest version, but I couldn't tell you if PS was freezing before I updated it because my memory is awful.

It freezes if I have a file open, even new files. It happens after an undetermined period of time, and usually after I do *something.* However, that something could be anything like clicking on a UI element, trying to use a tool, undoing, using the crop tool, selecting something using the marquee selection tool, using alt+click with the clone stamp tool, changing layer visibility, opening the file menu, etc. None of these things GUARANTEE a freeze, though. It's just that if I create a new file in Photoshop and do things, within anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes PS will completely lock up. The only way I can get it to respond is to kill it with task manager and re-open PS.

After PS freezes and I kill the process, when I re-open PS, any user settings changes or window/panel layout changes I've made are gone.

I've tried: Changing Windows 10 scaling (i.e. 125% window scaling to 100%). Uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop. Removing third-party extensions. Repairing the Creative Cloud Desktop application. Restarting my computer. Checking for PS updates. Installing Windows 10 1903 and updating Windows. Disabling GPU hardware acceleration. Changing cache sizes. Closing Chrome. Disabling FontBase. Among other things.

I'm running this on Windows 10. PS Ver.

Photoshop > Help > System Info: https://pastebin.com/raw/yBh2jbJq

I started having this problem today, but I also don't remember the last time I opened Photoshop, which may have been about a week ago. Today, prior to the issue, I installed new monitors and used Windows Update to install the relevant color profiles, and I removed the (broken) old .icm profiles. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Updated to Photoshop 2020. Version 21.0.0 20191018.r.37 2019/10/18: 614690fb487 x64

Issue seems to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have Fontbase installed. That might be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Already tried quitting Fontbase and de-activating all fonts through it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Missed that.

It looks like both monitors are plugged into the AMD card. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Also, Since PS last worked, I've switched from both on DVI to HDMI and MiniDP, though I doubt that is the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Photoshop 2020. Version 21.0.0 20191018.r.37 2019/10/18: 614690fb487 x64

Issue seems to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. Updating Photoshop didn't solve it. Uninstalling and reinstalling PS didn't solve it either. Are you having the problem again or is it still working correctly for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not having any issues on Version: 21.0.1 20191106.r.47 2019/11/06: 3152b481f18 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines