Photoshop CC 2019 - Gaussian blur preview

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do frequency separation I use the lasso tool and apply a gaussian blur to selected areas to smooth skin tones. On previous versions of Photoshop CC (possibly prior to 2018), when I select the area with the lasso, and apply Gaussian Blur, my preview window in the Gaussian Blur window always showed the area that was selected by the lasso, now it selects some other area (don't know which exactly), but then I have to do an extra step and click over the area that is selected to bring it into the preview and zoom in or out if it not showing the whole area.

Does anyone know how to change this back to the old preview (area selected by lasso)only as a default?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see your selection or your preview the curren target etc...

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Queenbee01ca  did you ever figure this out? One of my friends are having the exact same issue and I don't know how to help...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I just learned to live with it 😞

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines