• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Home Screen Changed

Participant ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 20.0.4 - CC Photography Plan (20GB) Windows 10 64 bi?

My opening screen always showed my recent files.  However, yesterday when I opened Photoshop, something new had been added.  An "ad" taking up the top half of my screen.  It is titled "Put your projects into focus today.".  On the right it said "Enjoying this app?" and "Buy Now".

Buy what?  I'm already a happy plan member.  This "ad" is annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!  Help?

Gerry

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Okay, I finally called technical support and the answer is "It's not a bug, it's a feature." 

Adobe thought this was a good idea and the message we're seeing will change with each update.  There's no way to delete it.  But perhaps if enough people complain about it, Adobe will wise up and remove the message from our screens.

I'm (sadly) marking this thread as corrected.  My only question is why aren't more people seeing this 'ad' on their Photoshop home page.......

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

That does not sound, as the home scree in Photoshop is different, could you try going into Photoshop's Preferences > General and uncheck "Disable the Home screen", then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, the Home Screen was what I was describing, i.e. the option was disabled.  However, just for the heck of it, I checked the box, restarted Photoshop then unchecked the box and restarted Photoshop.  Same thing.
2019-05-30_10-47-10.png

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the same thing. tried disabling home screen and re-enabling. Win 7 64bit, Same CC version of Photoshop as Gerry, same type of plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran 'scf /scannow'.  I ran 'chkdsk /f'.  I even tried taking the tutorial that the 'ad' wants me to take.

Nothing seems to help!  I can't get this 'ad' off my screen!

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you log-out of Creative Cloud desktop app and then log-in again with your paid ID and password?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joila!  Thank you Nancy!  The one thing I didn't think of.  Appreciate the help!

Fixed.png

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a Creative Cloud notification that there was an update to Photoshop today. I installed it, started PS, and the BUY NOW screen is still there. Also, the HELP>ABOUT PHOTOSHOP CC still shows version 20.0.4. So I don't know what the supposed update was.

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the CC Cleaner Tool below followed by a reinstall of your software.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that intended to solve my problem or grantm12894899's?  I didn't get a update notice.  I am current and my only problem is with an ad that is mistakenly appearing on my Photoshop home screen.  There's no way I'm going to go through a reinstall.  This problem is NOT at my end.

Would someone from Adobe please address our problem?  So far there are at least three of us experiencing the same problem that just recently cropped up.  How on Earth can that be a problem that necessitates a reinstall of our software?????

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was  addressed to grantm12894899​

Gerry5478  wrote

my only problem is with an ad that is mistakenly appearing on my Photoshop home screen. 

Take earlier advice and disable the Home Screen in your Preferences panel.  Problem solved.

Gerry5478  wrote

Would someone from Adobe please address our problem? 

This is not Adobe support.  This is the Photoshop user-to-user community with infrequent participation from Adobe staff.  Unless you see an official STAFF badge beside a person's name, you're not talking to Adobe here.  You're talking to fellow product users like yourself.    If you wish to talk to Adobe support, Contact Customer Care via online chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is like the answer to "It hurts when I do this...."  which is "Don't do that..."

I like the home screen.  I don't like the message I'm suddenly getting.  I am worried that someplace in Adobe's records, it may appear that I'm using a trial version of Photoshop since it offers me the opportunity to purchase the product.  I am worried that one day soon I'll (we'll) get a message telling me (us) that we don't own Photoshop and will disable it.

There is a reason for this message.  It doesn't come up in Lightroom, Lightroom Classic or any of my other Adobe products.

I am aware you aren't Adobe associated.  However, the first reply to my post was from a person who is!  Like I said, I am worried about the reason for the 'ad' in the first place.  I don't want to call Adobe support.  I'd rather hope that one of the other people with the problem has already done so and may be willing to share.

Thank you,
Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Photoshop's Help menu.  Are you signed-in with your paid CC ID  (e-mail) and password?   If not,  sign-out and then sign-in again with the correct e-mail.  See help article below.

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already signed-in. However, I have signed-out and then re-signed-in several times. The "Buy Now" screen disappears as soon an I sign out. When I sign in again the screen is still gone. When I quit PS and then restart it the "Buy Now" screen is back.

Grant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@grantm12894899

Have you Reset Preferences on Quit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't "Reset preferences on quit" going to reset all preferences to factory defaults?

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I finally called technical support and the answer is "It's not a bug, it's a feature." 

Adobe thought this was a good idea and the message we're seeing will change with each update.  There's no way to delete it.  But perhaps if enough people complain about it, Adobe will wise up and remove the message from our screens.

I'm (sadly) marking this thread as corrected.  My only question is why aren't more people seeing this 'ad' on their Photoshop home page.......

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerry5478  wrote

My only question is why aren't more people seeing this 'ad' on their Photoshop home page.......

Maybe it's because most of us disable the Home screen as suggested in Reply #1.   Out of sight, out of mind .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out didn't solve the problem for me... at least not permanently. When I sign out the ad goes away. When I sign back in the ad is still gone. But when I quit Photoshop and then restart it the ad is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh drat!!!!  Me too.  I guess we need a more permanent cure.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this annoying rubbish.  Which Abode genius thought that would be a good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most awful trick that Adobe has ever played on us. I've been using Photoshop since version 1 and NEVER has marketing snuck into the program to song and dance to someone who is trying to get work done. My preferences > general shows no option for removing the advertising or beginner help or home screen, whatever they call it it is horrible. I want to delete it now but there seems to be no way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which version you have. 

I'm using PS 20.x on Win10. 

Preferences > General > Disable Home Screen.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, You a kind to reply,

I'm running Photoshop CC 21.2.1 and OS Catalina on the Mac 10.15.6, everything the latest... but as I mentioned in the OP the 'preferences > general' is already unchecked and I'm still getting the lame start screen with introduction to Photoshop screen helps for beginners. See my preferences to show unchecked .... I've restarted, over and over reset preferences, gone over and over it all over and over for hours now... total frustration... This did start when I upgraded to OS Catalina, but this seems to be a Photoshop issue as Apple is not going to dictate what help screens are showing in Photoshop... I don't think... Notice how between your version and my version they have changed it bacwards to choose not to show to 'auto show' but I read carefully and made the right choice I think... to NOT show....
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 1.27.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owing to all the reported bugs in PS 21, I am remaining on version 20 for now.   Since I can't see what you see, I'm no authority on how to stop it if indeed it can be stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines