Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Lasso edges invisible while drawing selection

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks -

So I'm still trying to get used to some of the changes in Pshop CC 2019, but there's one thing I can't get the hang of and would love to find a fix for, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

When I use the lasso tool in Photoshop CC 2019 to make a selection, as I am moving the lasso around my screen to make the selection, there is no indication as to the selection edge I just made. Only after I release the mouse button does the selection appear with marching ants.  As you can imagine, this makes the process of accurately selecting a space with the tool nearly impossible. Any idea on how I can see what I'm selecting as I select it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try going to Edit > Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings and changing the drawing mode to basic to see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try checking "Legacy Compositing" in the preferences under performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a simple fix that many missed.  On your top bar just unclick the "Show Transform Controls"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The OP's issue is not related to the transform controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having the same or a very similar issue.  When trying to create any selection with the lasso tool I can not see the selection edge.  Only once the selection is made can I see the marching ants.  I have tried changing the advanced drawing mode settings as well as the Legacy Composting settings.  Additionally, this only became an issue recently, I used CC 2019 a few months ago and the lasso tool was normal.Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.25.45 PM.png

I am also on an iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a fix that worked?

I am having the same issues but nothing suggested as worked so far.

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines