• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2019 not detecting a GPU

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dual GPU setup with integrated Intel graphics and Nvidia discrete graphics GPU.  Photoshop will not work with both enabled.  I have been on the phone with Adobe, Nvidia, and Microsoft.  If I disable the integrated card, Photoshop works, but scaling becomes messed up.  I have selected the Nvidia GPU as the GPU in the Nvidia control panel.  No matter what I do, Photoshop does not recognize ether GPU.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and all software and drivers are up to date.  Any thoughts or advice are welcome.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had a solution for you. I used to have a dual card like yours. I will never buy that setup again, due to issues like what you're having. I would avoid Intel at all cost, and also an integrated card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The only thing I have seen work on this is to :

First make sure the drivers are up to date on both GPUs (Intel and Nvidia) using drivers direct from the manufacturers not Windows update. In the case of NVidia choose Advanced and then Clean Install during the installation process which will remove remnants of old drivers. I don't know if the Intel driver installation offers the same.

Then follow step 7 here :

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, one of the big issues that I had with this type of setup was updating the drivers. With the integrated cards, the manufacturer doesn't supply updates for them, I had to get updates through the computer manufacturer, and they didn't update the drivers. It really sucked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I made sure all drivers were updated from manufacturers web site.  The one thing that is odd is that Photoshop will not detect a video card at all.  Not the integrated GPU nor the Nvidia GPU.  Not even if I disable either one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding Photoshop to the 3D Settings panel in the Nvidia Control panel? and see if Photoshop is able to detect the Nvidia GPU? Please check the steps here: How do I customize Optimus profiles and settings? | NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with GPU-accelerated or enabled features in Photoshop. For best results, connect two (or more) monitors into one graphics card.

If you must use more than one graphics card, remove or disable the less powerful cards. For example, assume that you have two different cards using two different drivers—an NVIDIA graphics card and an AMD graphics card. In this case, ensure that Photoshop has been assigned the High Performance graphics card rather than Integrated Graphics or Power Saving graphics card.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Asus G notebook with two graphic cards too. Drivers were up to date, and photoshop CC too.

I had the same problems too, but I finally made it work.
Here is what I've done : disable using a GPU in Photoshop performances, disable the integrated graphic card in windows. After that, i just ran Photoshop and enabled my nvidia GPU. I closed Photoshop, reactivated my integrated GPU, and ran Photoshop => it worked, it still uses the nvidia card atm.
I hope it can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same problem, but I accidentally found the solution. I tried to open photoshop today with my laptop charged and it recognize my nvidia GPU. and when I unplug the charger and re-open photoshop, it cames back to integrated intel HD GPU.

by the way, I changed the default graphics processor to nvidia in the nvidia control panel. I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines