• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 program error upon launch macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up Photoshop CC 2019 I get this error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

”Could not complete the command because of a program error.”

Photopshop-error.jpg

{Thread renamed by moderator}

[error retyped by mod for international translation purposes]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing.    I just click on OK and photoshop opens with no other issues.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A hint about what you were doing when you got the message would be helpful and if you have any open application even handler enabled the would execute when Photoshop is started. What third Plug-in Photoshop would initialize. We do not know what your environment is like.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about the program error, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop and operating system you're working on? You can find the exact version of Photoshop by going to Help > System Info.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop.
You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

For more information please check this article: Preferences in Photoshop

Please let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Version and operating system info.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.4 20190227.r.76 2019/02/27: 1205725  x64

Number of Launches: 0

Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) when I started Photoshop, then deleted the current settings.  

The same error message came up?

When I click on OK, photoshop works with no other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your

Photoshop > Preferences > General > Disable the Home Screen

setting?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it a shot, no luck.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try creating a new user for testing purpose and let us know if Photoshop works on that account?
Steps to create a new user on macOS: Set up users, guests and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use menu Help>System Info and post the information here.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for months and I’m super frustrate. I’ve tried everything recommended here and I’m having no luck. I get the message upon startup and if I click okay it will open but it always crashes on me after using for a bit. PLEASE HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No information about the problem has been posted we have nothing to go on. Most of us do not even use a Mac what info can you post?

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
  • Crash reports
  • Photoshop System Information
  • Add ons added
  • Information about all problems
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Right after starting Photoshop from the Dock, the loading splash image shows, then the error pops up:

"Could not complete the command because of a program error." After clicking OK Photoshop appears to finish loading and run normally. The error always appears when starting Photoshop again.

This is on a freshly installed system. No addons were installed. 

System Summary:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2 20191122.r.57 2019/11/22: e3e4068e635 x64

macOS Mojave (10.14.6)
3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (single X5690)
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB (with custom firmware)
64GB 1333MHz DDR3
1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD

Steps I have tried:

• Rebooting  :  same error.

• Resetting preferences (Cmd + Option + Shift when starting Photoshop) : same error.

• Disabling "Use Graphics Processor" (Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings)  :  same error.

• Uninstalling user fonts (~/Library/Fonts)  :  same error.

PSErrorLog.txt:

The only entry in the log (~/⁨Library⁩/⁨Preferences⁩/⁨Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings⁩/PSErrorLog.txt) is just repeated for every launch.

2019:12:11 14:42:19 : <NULL> : 0 : REQUIRE failed
2019:12:11 14:43:29 : <NULL> : 0 : REQUIRE failed
2019:12:11 14:44:38 : <NULL> : 0 : REQUIRE failed
2019:12:11 14:52:19 : <NULL> : 0 : REQUIRE failed
2019:12:11 14:57:04 : <NULL> : 0 : REQUIRE failed

Photoshop System Info:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2 20191122.r.57 2019/11/22: e3e4068e635 x64 Number of Launches: 5 Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading Physical processor count: 6 Logical processor count: 12 Processor speed: 3460 MHz Built-in memory: 65536 MB Free memory: 42405 MB Memory available to Photoshop: 61666 MB Memory used by Photoshop: 70 % ACP.local Status: - SDK Version: 1.24.4 - Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible - Core Sync Running: 4.3.16.14 - Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.4.2 ACPL Cache Config: - Time to Live: 5184000 seconds - Max Size: 20480 MB - Purge Percentage: 50% - Threshold Percentage: 85% - Purge Interval: 300 seconds Alias Layers: Disabled. Modifier Palette: Disabled. Highbeam: Enabled. Touch Bar Property Feedback: Enabled. Image tile size: 1024K Image cache levels: 4 Font Preview: Medium TextComposer: Latin Display: 1 Main Display Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1440, right=2560 OpenGL Drawing: Enabled. OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected. OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True. OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True. AIFCoreInitialized=1
AIFOGLInitialized=1
OGLContextCreated=1
NumGLGPUs=1
NumCLGPUs=1
NumNativeGPUs=1
glgpu[0].GLVersion="2.1"
glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=0
glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=3072
glgpu[0].GLName="AMD Radeon HD 7950 OpenGL Engine"
glgpu[0].GLVendor="ATI Technologies Inc."
clgpu[0].CLPlatformVersion="1.2 (Aug 31 2019 04:58:52)"
clgpu[0].CLDeviceVersion="1.2 "
clgpu[0].IsIntegratedCLGPU=0
clgpu[0].CLMemoryMB=3072
clgpu[0].CLName="AMD Radeon HD 7950 Compute Engine"
clgpu[0].CLVendor="AMD"
clgpu[0].CLVendorID=16915456
clgpu[0].CLDriverVersion="1.2 (Oct 12 2019 11:07:08)"
clgpu[0].CLBandwidth=1.80222e+11
clgpu[0].CLCompute=1289.52
nativegpu[0].NativeName="AMD Radeon HD 7950"

UPDATE: I have discovered that using the Screen Sharing app in macOS without a monitor plugged in seems to be the cause of the problem. Once I plug in a monitor the error message does not appear when starting Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Mac OS Big Sur  11.2.3, Phs CC 22.3.1, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3. I haven't done anything differently that might have triggered it, came out of nowhere. It says "Could not complete the command because of a program error." I click OK and things are fine after that, but now it's freezing after a couple of minutes work. I've done all the things suggested here, every one of them. I just updated to Photoshop 22.3.1, thinking that would fix the problem. It didn't. Driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a laptop and do you have any external monitors plugged in? I found that I got the error message when I was remoting into the computer using screenshare without a monitor plugged in. When I had a monitor plugged in, the message wouldn't appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015). I do have a second iMac connected as an additional display. but it's been that way for years, so I don't think it would suddenly pop up as a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines