• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 Screen Blend Mode Changed?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Sometimes in my work before PS CC 2019, I would copy lens flare images and other anomalies into my work, just to add some flare (pun intended). These are image files with a black background, and in PS CC 2018, all of the black color used to disappear gracefully when I would use the screen blend more on the layer. However, I am noticing in PS CC 2019, that there remains a lighter "film" that covers the area of the image after I apply the screen blend mode for the layer. Is this a bug? Something intentional? Is there any way for me to make screen perform as it used to?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GESWho,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please lets us know which operating system you are on (Windows/Mac)?

Also, please turn on the " Legacy Compositing" in Photoshop preferences > Performance tab, restart Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be due to the new compositing code. Try checking "Legacy Composting" in the preferences under performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the link Jane provided in another thread, layer blend modes is one of the things not working correctly for some people with V20, and  Legacy Compositing fixes.   I've switched back to working without Legacy Compositing checked, and blend modes are working OK for me. 

Retouchers beware! Photoshop 2019 breaks color blending mode - DIY Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CC v 20.0.1 released today has some fixes to blending when using the new compositing engine (i.e. legacy compositing unchecked)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines