Copy link to clipboard
I have this issue since 2018 Photoshop version. I expected it to be gone by 2019 but it still persists.
What I'm doing?
1. Start new document with artboards
2. Start writing using text tool
3. Notice random, glitchy lines as if the text was in two positions
Notice the video –> Dropbox - Screen Recording 2018-10-22 at 12.04.44.mov
If I use the text tool in a static document (no artboards) the error doesn't show.
What I tried so far?
1. Go through all three GPU settings
2. Turn of the GPU entirely
3. Reset the photoshop preferences file
4. Reset all photoshop tools
5. Toggle legacy compositing
6. Go through all three History & Cache presets
7. Go through all Type settings
8. Tried several fonts: system, custom, TypeKit
Suffice to say, nothing helped.
If you have the same issue, please upvote this thread or something. If you had this issue and found a solution please be so gracious and provide me with one.
I have the issue of no text bounding box to even adjust parameters of my text. You’re right, I’ve done all the reseting and no fix yet.
Kwolf69, close your documents and open a new BLANK RGB Document. Once that opens, use the text tool in that new RGB document. It should appear again, and will also appear in all other documents. Stupid bug with a silly fix but it works.
Guys its stupid but the fix is simple, just open a blank rgb document and use the text tool in that new blank rgb document. Your text tool will appear again, and will also appear in your other files.
The trick that I used is not to highlight the text before you change the font.
Just click on the layer and then change the font.