Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2019, transform handles not showing

Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly in photoshop, when hit Comand+T the handles appear to do any transformations, however now in CC 2019 handles not appearing at all, only the reference point is visible, I saw preferences and dont see any to activate it.

Only when I activate View/Show layer edges  a blue line appears.. How can I fix this?

I found if I go into Preferences, Performance, and click on "Advanced Settings" under the "Use Graphics Processor setting, then changed the drawing mode from Advanced to Basic, then the Transform controls would show. If I have it set to Normal or Advanced, it wouldn't show. Not sure if it's a good thing to go with Basic as opposed to Advanced or not.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 3.46.22 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2019, transform handles not showing

Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly in photoshop, when hit Comand+T the handles appear to do any transformations, however now in CC 2019 handles not appearing at all, only the reference point is visible, I saw preferences and dont see any to activate it.

Only when I activate View/Show layer edges  a blue line appears.. How can I fix this?

I found if I go into Preferences, Performance, and click on "Advanced Settings" under the "Use Graphics Processor setting, then changed the drawing mode from Advanced to Basic, then the Transform controls would show. If I have it set to Normal or Advanced, it wouldn't show. Not sure if it's a good thing to go with Basic as opposed to Advanced or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this to see if it helps, go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and enable Legacy Compositing and restart Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 2
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did but no change, still not working

I am on iMac  Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what just worked for me is deselecting the Use Graphics Processor. Under Performance in Preferences. Unsure of the cons to doing this but at least I can see transformation controls and highlight text. Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me as well. Also tried the legacy compositing option and nada. Are you able to highlight text at all?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhhh, Cant highlight text either,,, looks like we have a bug here.... Adobe team?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

As transform controls are not appearing, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil

I deactivated "Use Graphics Processor"  as you suggested and now it is working normal, thanks for that

my question now is why this happened and what other functions will be affected now that I have deactivated this feauture?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you to check for updates for the Graphics processor on manufacturer's website.

You can check the list of features which use Graphics processor acceleration: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon research on the manufacturers website, this is not possible. What do you suggest we do now?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this a hardware issue when it worked before? Realy???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help me. Strangely, the problem occurred after I updated Premiere Pro CC 2019.

I will try updating Photoshop CC 2019 to see if Adobe has fixed this bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+T shows my transformation handles, but I have to "apply" to move on to something else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem with my newly downloaded Photoshop cc 2019, i.e. no handles on move tool, (trying to make a Christmas Card), I have followed the above instructions i.e. Edit, Preference, Performance, can see the 'Use Graphics Processer' but it is ghosted and I am not able to click on to this, please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 2
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually just tried Preferences, General, "Reset Preferences on Quit". After quitting Photoshop and relaunching, Transform controls appear as they should without having to mess around with the Graphics Processor settings! Of course you'll need to go through all your preferences settings and put them back the way you like them. Suggest making screen shots of all the different preference settings before doing so to make it easier to set it back up the way you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0