• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019, transform handles not showing

Advocate ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly in photoshop, when hit Comand+T the handles appear to do any transformations, however now in CC 2019 handles not appearing at all, only the reference point is visible, I saw preferences and dont see any to activate it.

Only when I activate View/Show layer edges  a blue line appears.. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I found if I go into Preferences, Performance, and click on "Advanced Settings" under the "Use Graphics Processor setting, then changed the drawing mode from Advanced to Basic, then the Transform controls would show. If I have it set to Normal or Advanced, it wouldn't show. Not sure if it's a good thing to go with Basic as opposed to Advanced or not.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 3.46.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this to see if it helps, go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and enable Legacy Compositing and restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did but no change, still not working

I am on iMac  Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what just worked for me is deselecting the Use Graphics Processor. Under Performance in Preferences. Unsure of the cons to doing this but at least I can see transformation controls and highlight text. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me as well. Also tried the legacy compositing option and nada. Are you able to highlight text at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhhh, Cant highlight text either,,, looks like we have a bug here.... Adobe team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario,

As transform controls are not appearing, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil

I deactivated "Use Graphics Processor"  as you suggested and now it is working normal, thanks for that

my question now is why this happened and what other functions will be affected now that I have deactivated this feauture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you to check for updates for the Graphics processor on manufacturer's website.

You can check the list of features which use Graphics processor acceleration: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon research on the manufacturers website, this is not possible. What do you suggest we do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this a hardware issue when it worked before? Realy???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help me. Strangely, the problem occurred after I updated Premiere Pro CC 2019.

I will try updating Photoshop CC 2019 to see if Adobe has fixed this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+T shows my transformation handles, but I have to "apply" to move on to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem with my newly downloaded Photoshop cc 2019, i.e. no handles on move tool, (trying to make a Christmas Card), I have followed the above instructions i.e. Edit, Preference, Performance, can see the 'Use Graphics Processer' but it is ghosted and I am not able to click on to this, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still no bounding box without hitting Command T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if I go into Preferences, Performance, and click on "Advanced Settings" under the "Use Graphics Processor setting, then changed the drawing mode from Advanced to Basic, then the Transform controls would show. If I have it set to Normal or Advanced, it wouldn't show. Not sure if it's a good thing to go with Basic as opposed to Advanced or not.

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 3.46.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This menu does not appear in the 2021 version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually just tried Preferences, General, "Reset Preferences on Quit". After quitting Photoshop and relaunching, Transform controls appear as they should without having to mess around with the Graphics Processor settings! Of course you'll need to go through all your preferences settings and put them back the way you like them. Suggest making screen shots of all the different preference settings before doing so to make it easier to set it back up the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem and many others drives me crazy! please Adobe fix this asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driving me crazy as well. I've had to disable 'Use Graphics Processor' to re-enable the disable of the transformation handles.

I've bought a brand new top of the line MacBook Pro with maxed out CPU, RAM and GPU and now I'm using Photoshop without graphics acceleration by the looks of it. I'm thinking of going back to Photoshop CC 2018. Hopefully this will be addressed in an urgent update.

I've already had to jump through hoops to disable the terrible 'hold shift' to disable proportional transformations which has changed after nearly 30 years of muscle memory and is the convention used in almost every other graphics application in existence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to Preferences, General, "Reset Preferences on Quit"? After quitting Photoshop and relaunching, Transform controls appear as they should without having to mess around with the Graphics Processor settings. Of course you'll need to go through all your preferences settings and put them back the way you like them. I suggest making screen shots of all the different preference settings before doing so to make it easier to set it back up the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already had to jump through hoops to disable the terrible 'hold shift' to disable proportional transformations which has changed after nearly 30 years of muscle memory and is the convention used in almost every other graphics application in existence.  <<. Thank was driving me crazy too - how did you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure out how to get the select text to work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I chatted with PS support and this worked for me.

Preferences > Tools> "Show reference point when using transform" Check to enable.

It worked for me. Controls and highlighted text.

Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Crusty.  There is no "Tools" section in Preferences.  I'm not sure who you were talking to, but it's not someone who was referencing PS CC 2019.  The solution, as mentioned above is to go to Preferences/Performance and under advanced settings for the graphic processor, chose "basic" and restart PS.  Worked for me, but I still want to know why Adobe is taking handles and highlighting away when we lean on the GPU a little harder.  Not good.  I'll be watching this closely and investigating further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines