• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc 2020 comment faire un lien inter image

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour je travaille sur des images différentes (une vingtaine) avec le même fond d'image à envoyer à un écran externe pour une application embarquée. Si le fond d'écran change (couleur, marque, etc...) cela fait + de 20 modifications en suppression/coller sur toutes les images, waste of time.

Est-ce qu'il n'existe pas un moyen de mettre une référence/lien à l'image de fond commune dasn chacune des 20 images,  en changeant l'image de fond toutes les autres sont impactées ?

Best regards

Frederic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you make the bottom layer used for the background a smart object layer link to some wall paper master file.   You would need to do some booking to inventory the document that have a smart object layer that link to that master file.  For if you update/change the master file you need the inventory . So you  open and saves the files in the inventory so Photoshop will update the smart object layer with the Object's new content.

It may be easier to juts to create a template for each background change  and batch populate the templates with your 20 Images on the changed backgrounds in the template  save output  jpeg files with file names that reflect the Image name and background names or color.  Are layered file required or will Jpeg files do.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

It's called linked smart objects. The contents of the smart object reference another document. Change that other document and the documents containing smart objects linked to it update next time they are opened.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is they have to be opened the updated is not Automatic.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if the child docs (containing the smart objects) are not opened, you won't care whether they have updated or not 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I will not care they not my Document. I do not know what child docs are.  One could have many independent document that have a link to some master background or logo document that is being updated. I believe they may want to see their logo updated or are all document child  of the logo. My children are independent they have their own life we schedule things.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Child document was just my terminology JJMack 🙂 It is often used in 3D applications where child objects are based on the properties of parent objects.

In this case what I referred to was a Master document could be linked by Smart objects in doc A, doc B and doc C . When the Master doc is updated then you are right in that the smart objects in the other docs (docs A, B and C) are only updated when those other docs are open. But my point was, if they are still closed and not yet updated , does it matter?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you know I trying to help others learn more about Smart Object Layer how they work, what resize during place is all about. Issues in Place. That all Smart Object layers contain an Object transform to make the layers pixels using the smart object pixels that can not be changed by Photoshop tools. What can and can not done when replacing and updating their content.  Users are upset with the change Adobe made in 21.2 handling smart object.  The code change was most likely a fix. Adobe code is not perfect.   When I first started scripting Photoshop  Smart Object beat me up badly till I figured out how Adobe implemented Place and smart Object layers and the mistakes they made.  The preferences resize during  Place is very miss leading and lead me down a garden path I had to follow and it has nothing to do with the resize place may do to your image.   All that does is Scale objects created  larger then canvas size to fit on canvas by adjusting the smart Object layer's Object Transform for the smart object which may or may not  be your Image.    Place will resize your image if the image file print resolution does not match the documents resolution.   This is not what should be done the smart object should be your image not a degraded image. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Child document was just my terminology 🙂"

I remember using the parent/child terminology way back in the days of CorelDRAW. Adobe InDesign uses it now for linked master pages and linked objects. When you change the parent, the child updates.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/linked-content.html

"Linked content behaves similar to traditional links. ... You can designate an object as parent, and then place it at other places as child objects. Whenever you update the parent object, the child objects are flagged and you can update them to synchronize with the parent."

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html

"You can create a master variation that is based on and updates with another master (called the parent master) within the same document. The master spreads based on the parent master are called child masters. For example, if your document has ten chapters that use master spreads that vary only slightly, base all of them on a master spread that contains the layout and objects common to all ten. This way, a change to the basic design requires editing just the parent master instead of editing all ten separately. ... This is a powerful way to keep a consistent yet varied design up to date."

"But my point was, if they are still closed and not yet updated , does it matter? 🙂

How do we know if they are updated until we open them, Dave, or is this too much like the tree falling in the woods question? (No, it doesn't matter, imho.)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's JJMACK & DAVESCM. I have found an answer this morning when i have discover/looked for difference between the 2 menus Import & incorporate / Import & link. I was started to study dynamic object but first functionalities ans your answers comfort me in my choice.

Thank's yet

Best regards

Frederic

PS: precision / update are done real time, I have tested 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines