• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 crashes, won't restart until force reset of Mac

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 15-inch 2018 MacBook Pro operating Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6.

I've been having an ongoing issue with Photoshop CC 2020 where it freezes at the simplest of tasks (such as saving, moving an object etc), and the only thing I can do is force quit.

Once I've done that, the software refuses to restart - the icon just bounces up and down in the dock for eternity.

The only way I can restart it, is by first shutting down the MacBook Pro. However, after this error, that has trouble shutting down - it gets as far as the black screen and I have to forcibly hold down the power button to restart the computer.

Once it's back up, Photoshop restarts but I know that it won't be too long before I have to go through the whole process again. I'm normally encountering it at least once daily.

Up until today I thought it was only an issue with Photoshop, BUT I just experienced it with Illustrator CC 2020 as well.

I've already tried reinstalling the whole of Creative Cloud and used the CC Cleaner tool, but it clearly didn't help.

Please help! It doesn't feel good forcing the computer to shut down every time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I"ve been having the EXACT same problem with Photoshop and InDesign for the past six weeks. I even had an Adobe help agent take control of my computer, run their cleaner tool, and then manually delete all remaining Adobe files — it worked for about 24 hours and is now back to its old games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines