• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 crashing constantly macOS

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get any work done, photoshop locks up within 10 minutes of opening. I have lost hours of work already!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop crashing, could you please let us know what operating system version you're working on?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

Just now PS crashed several times on trying to fill the background with a color from the color picker.

I will try the "Use Graphics Processor" button and get back to you.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to help me. I'm running Mohave 10.14.6, with cc 2020 running. was same previous to turning off the graphics processor. Couldn't get any work done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

I tried this and photoshop is still constantly crashing. Photoshop 21.1.1 on Catalina 10.15.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue! Upgraded about 3 weeks ago and PS keeps crashing. It seems totally random. Sometimes I can work (digitally painting) for an hour or so and then, bam! crash. Them sometimes it's 20-30 minutes.... crash. This is crazy. My money doesn't crash........ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system? Any clues in your crash logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this is happening for me as well. I am on Catalina 10.15.4 and PS is fully updated. I am using the clone stamp and after 15 minutes my entire mac is freezing then crashes. Totally sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure why my own reply is shown elsewhere, but I am new and probably did something wrong.

Anyway, I am not sure it applies to all of you, but in my crash report I read something about 'database' and I turned off my VPN connection when working with Photoshop. I am using Tunnelblick. Since I turned it off, I have not experienced these monster crashes.  So it seems to me that Photoshop tries saving in a location that it cannot reach all the time. Maybe it helps some of you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Am working on Catalina 10.15.3 and recently updated to Photoshop 2020. I can edit one or two pictures, then the whole computer crashes. It's a real pain in the ... and certainly not good for the computer. 

Crash reports say this: 

Crashed Thread: 1 Dispatch queue: com.apple.lsd.database

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
dyld3 mode
savedDB WAS seeded, newDB WAS NOT seeded. Failed attempting to remap database, abort to trigger seeding. Error: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-9496 "kCSStoreBadDataErr" UserInfo={Line=201, Checksum=2, ZeroedRanges=(
"0x9BC000-0x9D7FFF (115 KB)"
), NSDebugDescription=kCSStoreBadDataErr, NSURL=file:///var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/0/com.apple.LaunchServices.dv/com.apple.LaunchServices-1080-v2.csstore}
abort() called

Does this clarify something where I can do something? 

Best

Karsten 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience constant crashes. MacOS 10.15.5 and just recently updated to the latest Photoshop. Very anoying crashes happen randomly. Three times in a few minutes just yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I have lost entire days of work and no one is going to pay them back for me. This is supposed to be a tool for professionals, there is schedules to be met. I hope Adobe rises to the challenge.

Running adobe on Catalina 10.15.5

Storage 190 GB + Free.

16 GB RAM

Graphics: Radeon pro 560 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone every find a solution to this?

This has been happening to me for some time now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unistall the older version and reinstall latest version of software it will work find. remove cache from your system before install. or buy a original version from online shopping websites 

- Jagjit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IOam having the same problem.   Photoshop freezes and then crashes my mac.  I have OS Catalina.  Does anyone know how to fix this.  It is driving me mad!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone indicated to me that I should use the activity monitor to check how much RAM is used. This helped a lot. It turned out that the amount of memory used increased continously until the computer froze. I installed 16 more GB and since then it didn't crash. That was 6 weeks ago and I am using Photoshop every day. Maybe this will help you as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines