Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2020 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest everything, tried safe mode, used creative cloud cleaner.

Instant crash on startup.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2020 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the latest everything, tried safe mode, used creative cloud cleaner.

Instant crash on startup.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried even after reseting. Its still Crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EE12591,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Can you provide more details around the issue such as:

• What operating system are you using? (Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Win 10, etc.)
  • Does the slash screen appear?
  • What model of computer is the issue occurring on? (2017 iMac, MS Surface Pro 4,etc.)
  • Do the 2019 products launch on the system?

For initial troubleshooting, I agree with Kglad resetting the preferences is a great place to start.

You might also try creating a new user account with admin rights and attempt launching the products in from the newly created user account.
Win - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...
Mac - http://osxdaily.com/2017/07/17/how-create-new-admin-account-mac/

Thanks,
- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, I'm having the same issue however I can't even get to changing the preferences. When I click in the window after launch it crashes. 
I've updated to the latest Premiere Pro and here's my PC specs. 
thanks, 

Robby

Specs.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with an iMac latest 2014 and OSMojave; with Photoshop and Bridge 2020, the hard disks of the raid system are dismount and I can´t work. I´ve had to return to 2019 versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you end up figuring this out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, it was fixed. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you do? i tried to delete the preferences file and it just keeps crashing on startup

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again a buggy live test approach to software releasing.

It took months for 2019 to become a stable release. 

I should have known better than to download so early. 

Adobe, please just release products when they are ready, rather than hurry to make deadlines intome for Xmas bonus.

Maybe make some more rigorous smoke tests, and by all means early access Beta testing... but 2020 crashes on the splash screen it is probably not ready to be released. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 4
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing too upon startup. Loads then after a few seconds would just close the app.

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz

NVIDIA Quadro M620

32 GB RAM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on a MACPro 2013 Processor 2,7 12core 48Gb 1866MHz DDR3 - Graphics AMD FirePro D700 6Gb running Mojave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 0
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same suggestion for everyone for all adobe apps; the first thing to do is to reset your preferences.  this can always be done, whether you can open the app or not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue even when resetting prefs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 0
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 0