• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 crashing when adding Gradient Overlay

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having a constant issue today where when I try to add a Gradient Overlay from the Blending Options double-click menu, Photoshop will hang up for a second then crash. I've eliminated a performance issue since I know what my PC is capable of and I've used Photoshop 2020 for months now without issue.

It's only seemed to happen today (7/9), and I'm on the most recent version. I've tried basic fixes such as uninstalling and reinstalling and it worked fine for an hour or so then started to crash again.

I am on Photoshop CC 2020 version 21.2 (latest), and the latest Windows 10 OS.

EDIT: It also seems to delete all of my stored brushes, gradients, styles, document presets, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences?

The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of programs such as Photoshop to be installed simultaneously. Perhaps you could try installing an earlier version and see if the problem persists there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same issue in the last few days. It happens when I open a gradient box while applying it to a smart object. I get the spinning beach ball until I force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, sorry about that

1- reset the preferences, or

2- instal an older version of PS from the creative cloud app

LMK if that works

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines