Highlighted

Photoshop CC 2020 - Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am again ($&*!)... any attempt to render video gets stuck at "Initializing Video Export".  The file I'm working with is a a frame-based animation - 160 x 160px, 120 frames.  Remedial steps taken:

• trashed Photoshop prefs
  • uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop
  • verified all CC apps are up to date

This issue has continued to crop up time and again... come on Adobe, lets squash this (expletive) bug.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 32GB 1866MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop CC 2020 - Render Video stuck at Initializing Video Export

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am again ($&*!)... any attempt to render video gets stuck at "Initializing Video Export".  The file I'm working with is a a frame-based animation - 160 x 160px, 120 frames.  Remedial steps taken:

• trashed Photoshop prefs
  • uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop
  • verified all CC apps are up to date

This issue has continued to crop up time and again... come on Adobe, lets squash this (expletive) bug.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory 32GB 1866MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Bug, Crash or freeze, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 2
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as well!

Brand new mac, all software up-to-date and no go.

Frustrating... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😭same issue... I'm very frustruated! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emi,

I've found that dragging the final photoshop file into Media encoder works... 

Cheers

Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Dragging psd into ME worked for me as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius idea but... unfortunatly, Media Encoder did not work for my file unless I'm missing something.  Error message:  The file "VIDEO.PSD" could not be imported.  Could not read from source.  Please check the settings and try again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the document might have been corrupted somehow? Did you try duplicating it (Image > Duplicate on the menu bar) and then trying once more to export or use Media Encoder? (Similarly, did you try a different document?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no chance.

same with multiple files across two machines and also the same for a multitude of people intermittently since 2016.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the underlying issue appears to be a conflict between an old install of CS6 and CC2020.  That said, I did land on a solution that consistently works for solving the issue whenever it pops up.  Here it is... 

1.  Quit all Adobe apps

2.  Open your Keychain app and delete all things "adobe"

3.  Quit Keychain

4.  Launch Photoshop CC2020.  As it starts up, use key command to delete settings prefs (shift/control/option/cmd)

You will have to login again, but this should do solve the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true.  I had a co-worker open the same file and export quickly with no issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks chrish44612212.  I'm going to try that now.  I'll post an update for anyone in the future having the same issue. I really appreciate everyone's advice/suggestions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I tried uninstalling/reinstalling all Adobe apps, and still the same issue. BUT, that helped me eliminate that it may not be an Adobe issue... so thatnk you!  I narrowed down my problem to a funky video driver issue.  Updated the drive software and now I seem to be back up and running.  Thanks to everyone for your support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been having the same issue and tried the above theory which i'm so pleased to say ACTUALLY WORKED! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I had tried everything, but this finally worked! Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0