• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 unable to save

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed, uninstalled and re-installed PS CC 2020 - I am unable to save anything. "save" and "save as" do nothing. No dialog box, just a screen blip and then nothing. Am I missing something? I had to reinstall CC 2019

because of this. any help?? thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haveing the same issues! What the what this is a basic function of photoshop. I have updated the computer, now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I can do a file export, but Save As does nothing, and save only saves the file in whichever format it was to beging with. For example, if I open a .png file, add layers to it, etc and then selevt Save, it save it as a .png and I lose all my layers/work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please adobe we need a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. It's extremely frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 1903, all the latest patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809. Same issue with save, save as. Also: empty/blank home screen. Also, can't open file but after dragging and dropping onto home screen, open works as expected. Uninstalled 2020 and reverted back to 2019 version until adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya i also using catalina ly how to save and save as problem plz help ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samesies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please adobe we need a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. Running on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64x... I'm super frustrated! Also the home screen does not show absolutely anything (unchecked the show hom option in the preference panel) and the "new" command only works if I have checked the legacy new document in the preferences. I wonder if all these issues are related. I have reset the preferences, uninstalled using the adobe cleaner tool but the problem persists. Agh!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this must be related because I have all of the same symptoms as you. Adobe had me create a new user on my computer (windows 10 pro), that didn't work. They had me uncheck the "use GPU" under performance in preferences, that didn't work.  I can export a single layer but can't save anything. Meanwhile I re-installed 2019 I hope they fix it, I like to get what I'm paying for and inability to save anything renders Photoshop useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also updated all related drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, this afternoon there was an update for Photoshop 2020 and the issues I describe above are not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it good news that the issue has not been fixed in that update?

According to Adobe's release: "Fixed performance issue accessing Save As dialog on Windows"

Let's see if that's true - downloading and installing right now.

EDIT: installed Version 21.0.1. and the home screen is no longer empty and blank and "save" and "save as" are working as they should. I installed with the option to import my old preferences and did not remove the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is fixed! I removed all of my 3rd party plugins and restarted the program and everything worked, I then replaced all of the plugins one by one and they are all working too. my version is 21.0.1 but I didn't install any updates

(??)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still not working, it gets stuck on 50% when trying to save a file. How do we fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updates & am still having the same issues with "save" & "save as", they do not work. Also the startup/welcome screen that used to show recent images I have worked on has disappeared.

Does anyone from Adobe ever comment here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to solve this issue.  Mine is exactly the same on Windows 10 64bit. same issues with "save" & "save as", they do not work. Also the startup/welcome screen that used to show recent images I have worked on has disappeared. 

If I use legacy it shows up and creates a document but I cannot save it at all.

tried the cleanup tool and uninstalled all my Adobe products. Then went to regedit and deleted anything related to Adobe and reinstalled.  No differenceI have reinstalled about 12 times now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIne is fixed, too. I think the most recent update did something. because I
sure as heck didn't. Regardleass, I'm thrilled to have it working again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue any one found a fix for that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to version 21.0.1. (or newer) should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest version 21.0.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines